Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Heard he is going City. That would be crazy, good enough for Pep but not good enough for some Villa fans 🤣 

If there is any truth to it he will be replacing Fernandinho as second choice and giving them a homegrown player in Europe.

He is not displacing Rodri, De Bruyne or Silva as first choice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If there is any truth to it he will be replacing Fernandinho as second choice and giving them a homegrown player in Europe.

He is not displacing Rodri, De Bruyne or Silva as first choice.

Second choice players get a lot of minutes at city as they play so many games! Even if you’re good enough for second choice you are definitely good enough for us. 

Rodri probably the best in the world in that position. To be cover for him is still an achievement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Second choice players get a lot of minutes at city as they play so many games! Even if you’re good enough for second choice you are definitely good enough for us. 

Rodri probably the best in the world in that position. To be cover for him is still an achievement.

At £60m we need to find better value, we can’t throw money at players like Man City.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

At £60m we need to find better value, we can’t throw money at players like Man City.

I agree 100%. I don’t think we should be spending that on him at all. I just find it amusing some fans think he is not good enough for us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Heard he is going City. That would be crazy, good enough for Pep but not good enough for some Villa fans 🤣 

I honestly think Bisouma is the better player.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I honestly think Bisouma is the better player.

I haven’t watched them enough to have an opinion on who’s better really but know how much Philips is rated by Leeds fans. Saying that even they say he has been poor since Bielsa got sacked. 

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I haven’t watched them enough to have an opinion on who’s better really but know how much Philips is rated by Leeds fans. Saying that even they say he has been poor since Bielsa got sacked. 

Well Bissoma is reportedly a lot cheaper, less injury prone and imo would fit in better with what we need.

He's a good player and ideally what we need, but not at 60 million. He's been injured a fair bit ( so had grealish) so possibly not quite so much of an issue but when there is potentially a choice of bisouma for less than half the cost in transfer fee and possibly also wages or phillips, it would be bisouma for me. 

It's not unreasonable. You'd hope we'd kick on and put more space between us, but we finished 3 places above them, and he's a Leeds fan, it'd be a strange move for him

It wouldn’t be a good move for him here from his personal view point, he’d automatically be out of the England picture regardless of how good he played, he should go to City sit on his ass for the entirety of the season and start every game for England.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â