The Oscars 2022

Stevo985

Will Smith is way off, mentally unhinged. There is no reason to act like that, it happens in the street with two regular people and they are charged with assault.

What kind of example is this to his millions of fans, many including children?

The purpose of the host in the Oscar ceremony is to make jokes at the expense of the guests. If you can't take it, then don't go. 

As a lover of CB4 I'm surprised Chris Rock didn't go full-on and rip them to shreds. I think Rock is a nice guy so he didn't and he was visibly shocked.

As for Jada Pinkett-smith she looks like a crack head on freebase!

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

As much as The Smiths are the weirdest family outside of The Windsors and The Trumps, as much as I dislike Jada and Jaden, I’m with Will on this. Someone takes the piss out of wife’s illness for a cheap laugh and I’m punching them in the face. People try to get away with saying too much stuff these days and not enough people get punched in the face anymore as a consequence and get away with stuff. As **** up as they are as a couple I’m still with the Fresh Prince on this. 

if that had been a female comedian making the joke and he slapped her would you still be with him?

if a kid makes a joke about your wife are you punching them in the face?

just curious to know what the line is for you

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s “dumb” to point out a fact? 
He was laughing and then decided it wasn’t funny when he saw his wife’s face. It’s a fact of what happened. 

It’s dumb to think he did it for any reason other than it upset him, yes

32 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Bit different to take the piss out of your wife because of an ongoing illness though? 

**** me, she's losing her hair. It's hardly an illness. I could understand if she'd lost it through chemo or something.

Plus she's obviously not embarrassed about it, she's owning the bald look which is 'in' now with black women anyway judging by social media posts. Talks about blinging it up and making a bejazzle crown etc... She's just a massive knob.

• Like 1

I really couldn’t care less about the Oscars, I’ve only ever seen about five minutes worth ever. But I might consider watching again now there’s a chance of impromptu violence. 

Chris Rock hit a nerve for sure, understandably so if Will Smith’s wife has been ill. If it was stand-up with Jimmy Carr then you’d probably expect it but that’s a step too far for an awards night. There’s a million and one better ways to deal with it though, and Smith took one of the worst.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It’s dumb to think he did it for any reason other than it upset him, yes

You've never had a mate who's 'whipped' in a relationship? Does whatever his missus says, won't come out because she said no, constantly emasculates him etc.. It's domestic violence, and I'm seeing a whole host of signs with her being an instigator of it in their relationship.

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Chris Rock hit a nerve for sure, understandably so if Will Smith’s wife has been ill. If it was stand-up with Jimmy Carr then you’d probably expect it but that’s a step too far for an awards night. There’s a million and one better ways to deal with it though, and Smith took one of the worst.

pretty much where i'm at. both in the wrong

I’m worried that people think I like Jada, I don’t, she’s vile. As risible as she is I still wouldn’t make fun of her for losing her hair from alopecia as that is clearly a traumatic event in anyones life. 

As far as punching anyone who insults my other half, I wouldn’t just go round doing it like some chavvy thug “wot did u sez bout my missus mate” style, it would have to be something really truly hurtful and nasty for me to do it in the first place. This was clearly Smiths tipping point after a years of jokes from Rock at the Smiths expense. I feel sorry for him tbqh, he’s clearly not right in the head and needs help. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Right, so Jada Smith has Alopecia? I assumed she had had cancer or something. That makes the reaction even more mental.

Go on YouTube and watch the whole Smith marriage breakdown cheating on him stuff

That family is weird as ****

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

] If it was stand-up with Jimmy Carr then you’d probably expect it but that’s a step too far for an awards night. 

This is all 1000x worse.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How on Earth do people think that was staged? Who has come out looking good from it? Neither person or the reputation of an awards show thats been running for so long. 

it was my initial view but when you watch chris rock's reaction to it he was clearly shocked. got his words mixed up afterwards etc

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is all 1000x worse.

“I like a drink as much as the next man… unless that man is Mel Gibson”

will forever be the greatest introduction ever

• Like 3