The Oscars 2022

Stevo985

I have been to see comedians and there has been times there has been some piss taking of my wife or me. It's just a joke and neither of us were offended. I am off to see Paul Choudhury in April and with that in mind I might give him a weird slap across the face if he tries any of that shit. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

I have been to see comedians and there has been times there has been some piss taking of my wife or me. It's just a joke and neither of us were offended. I am off to see Paul Choudhury in April and with that in mind I might give him a weird slap across the face if he tries any of that shit. 

Bit different to take the piss out of your wife because of an ongoing illness though? 

Just now, Seat68 said:

do you not see the difference between you choosing to see comedians knowing that it you sit near the front or heckle then you are likely to be the butt of a joke vs an awards ceremony?

8 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

An Oscar lol

It's completely overshadowed the biggest moment of his acting career. And he'd have known it would do that.

There's no way it's staged. For a start if it was staged they'd have given Chris Rock a better line to say afterwards

Just now, Stevo985 said:

For a start if it was staged they'd have given Chris Rock a better line to say afterwards

Not to dispute the realism, but it looks like he has one lined up, and says something like "so I could..." then stops himself realising there's nothing to stop Smith turning around and taking a better swing the next time

38 minutes ago, a m ole said:

The ‘Smith was laughing first’ talk is a little dumb, he’s at an event where the social contract is to laugh along and take jokes on the chin - it clearly took a little time for the joke to register.

Doesn’t justify what he did obviously, but it’s odd to highlight it evidence of something.

It’s “dumb” to point out a fact? 
He was laughing and then decided it wasn’t funny when he saw his wife’s face. It’s a fact of what happened. 

Yea i dont think it was staged because chris rock is usually quick with a follow up but he looked stunned and there was a pause as he didnt expect it.

I genuinely think he thought smith was going to do something playful or bentering not attack him like he did. Dont forget smith attacked a male comedian once for kissing him. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's completely overshadowed the biggest moment of his acting career. And he'd have known it would do that.

There's no way it's staged. For a start if it was staged they'd have given Chris Rock a better line to say afterwards

He didn't know he was going to win an Oscar though. 

Tbh I hope it is real I'm not a fan of Chris Rock and I like Will Smith so there's that

1 minute ago, Bizzzle said:

He didn't know he was going to win an Oscar though. 

He was the favourite. He'd have known he was in with a very good chance. The best chance of his career.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yea i dont think it was staged because chris rock is usually quick with a follow up but he looked stunned and there was a pause as he didnt expect it.

I genuinely think he thought smith was going to do something playful or bentering not attack him like he did. Dont forget smith attacked a male comedian once for kissing him. 

I think Chris Rock and the audience thought Smith was going go do a playful dig or headlock or something. The slap then the sweary rant made it exceptionally awkward.

Just lucky Smith wasn't at the BAFTAS the other week and took a swing at Rebel Wilson , her comment was far worse imo   .. Rock does seem to have had a pop at them both before so maybe it was one too many slight and something that was festering inside him 

Smith clearly needs some counselling he's not far away from a full on mental breakdown and needs support not a mob carrying pitchforks 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Look, if everyone slapped everyone whenever someone made a bad joke, we'd all be in jail for lynching @lapal_fan by now.

tbf we wouldn't wait for the bad joke  :) 

( sorry lapal :) )

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

do you not see the difference between you choosing to see comedians knowing that it you sit near the front or heckle then you are likely to be the butt of a joke vs an awards ceremony?

I am not committed to Will Smith and Chris Rock as others are so I do see a difference obviously but when someone is performing let them do their schtick don't get up there and assault them. But I am not that bothered about all this, just adding to the conversation.