The Oscars 2022

Stevo985

Just now, Tom13 said:

What was Will Smith's acceptance speech like? Did he mention the slap?

He went on a long rambling talk and apologised to the attendees and the academy, but not Chris Rock, because you can shag Will Smith's wife, but you can't joke about her. Then they gave him a standing ovation. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He went on a long rambling talk and apologised to the attendees and the academy, but not Chris Rock, because you can shag Will Smith's wife, but you can't joke about her. Then they gave him a standing ovation. 

He was laughing before he switched up and went up to slap. She obvs said something and he felt emasculated - don't think she's great for his mental health at all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

She obvs said something and he felt emasculated 

It's either that, or he just didn't get the joke at first but laughed for the cameras.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Nah the slap wasn't staged. The awkwardness after was too real

6 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

A film I haven't even heard of won great lol this shit gets worse every year

CODA? 

You should watch it. It's very good

• Like 2

She's properly messing Will up. She's a horrible woman. Not condoning what he did by the way, was extremely OTT for a simple bald joke - but I have to feel that Will is being completely owned by her

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Spoke about being a protector and protecting his family and people (from " horrific'hair jokes I guess) had a mini breakdown and got a rapturous applause for assaulting someone.

Welcome to the world of narcissistic celebrities.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

She's properly messing Will up. She's a horrible woman. Not condoning what he did by the way, was extremely OTT for a simple bald joke - but I have to feel that Will is being completely owned by her

Without condoning his behaviour, or trying to pass the buck, it did seem a bit like a man trying to prove to his wife he isn't a pussy... just very cringe and pointless.

48 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

That slap looked staged to me. A film I haven't even heard of won great lol this shit gets worse every year

I thought at first but the aftermath i dont think he would have reacted like that if it wasnt real.

I also think rock was genuinely shocked

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Spoke about being a protector and protecting his family and people (from " horrific'hair jokes I guess) had a mini breakdown and got a rapturous applause for assaulting someone.

Welcome to the world of narcissistic celebrities.

I thought the “protecting” thing was a bit odd. He’s led his family into a huge storm when he could have just called Chris Rock a word removed, or slapped him, or slagged him off to the media after the show.

It looked like a man who knew he was gonna get told off by the wife for being spineless if he didn’t do something. 

Just now, Genie said:

He’s led his family into a huge storm when he could have just called Chris Rock a word removed, or slapped him, or slagged him off to the media after the show.

Yup. What he's done is get millions of people who don't watch or care about the Oscars to watch and talk about the joke that they otherwise wouldn't have known about.

He's turned himself and his wife into a bigger joke than they already were.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I thought the “protecting” thing was a bit odd. He’s led his family into a huge storm when he could have just called Chris Rock a word removed, or slapped him, or slagged him off to the media after the show.

It looked like a man who knew he was gonna get told off by the wife for being spineless if he didn’t do something. 

Exactly. He was laughing at first while she rolled her eyes and looked disgusted, he obviously turned around to a death stare. He had his orders.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup. What he's done is get millions of people who don't watch or care about the Oscars to watch and talk about the joke that they otherwise wouldn't have known about.

He's turned himself and his wife into a bigger joke than they already were.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 'BAD PUBLICITY'. 

• Like 2