Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Just now, Mazrim said:

Our final third play has been outstanding. Our shape without the ball has been a joke. Leeds can move the ball through us at will and we're like statues and letting runners through. The midfield are porous and the defence are a mess.

Tighten up just a bit and we'll hammer them.

Yeah I don't think it's the CBs I think either the nearest midfielder and probably the far side fullback should be helping out more, it's the third man runs that have mostly not been tracked. 

Apart from.that it's sheer numbers from them once they get a sniff. When that happens we need to get the ball to one of the 10s as fast as possible to get them on the break

Someone needs to put a straightener on James. We didn’t track the runs for their second goal. Watkins made a brilliant run for our 3rd goal however he had an easy tap in but didn’t sprint to get on the end of the pull back. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

The first angle I saw was when mings impact him first. I couldn't see the 2nd impact from buendia. But I think he doesn't get his head on that if neither go for the ball sadly. 

It was also looping in at an awkward angle. Think it ended up falling in the perfect spot for James even with Buendia shoving him back into it.

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Mings at fault for both goals I'm afraid. I love him for the journey he's been on with us but maybe next season we have to be looking at an upgrade. Makes too many mistakes.

Konsa was at fault for the first. He is too open and gets nutmegged (and not for the first time). 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Defensively, him and Mings have been terrible. 

tbh i was debating whether Mings or Konsa were good enough CD's for where we want to go.

I kinda think the answer is no.