Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

Don't get me wrong, the prices are trash.

But training gear is always a cash grab. Never isn't. At least when the actual replica kits are expensive we can claim that there's a bit of a tradition or wanting to collect them each year. Showingyour support etc.

Nobody has ever been impressed by somebodies training kit collection. They're cash grab, nothing else. At least it's easier to vote with your wallet with a training kit than it is the actual new home kit.

When that's announced at £90 I'll be more sympathetic to the cause but there's not much drama with the training kit for me.

The pro kit was £105 last year.  This year, It will be at least £115 and probably a fair bit more if the training kit is a guide.

The stadium shirt was £57. Going to guess it will be at least £69 this year. 

45 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The pro kit was £105 last year.  This year, It will be at least £115 and probably a fair bit more if the training kit is a guide.

The stadium shirt was £57. Going to guess it will be at least £69 this year. 

They're getting more and more in line with the continent, from my experience football shirts are surprisingly cheaper in England 

Bayerns shirt for example is €90 (£77) for the normal €140 for the pro

We're (rightly) going to have a meltdown and vote with our wallets when it crosses over the £60 mark

As long as people do vote with their wallets... Personally I don't get the pressure to have to buy the new kit every summer at full price 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

We paid extra for the display model with large calves to make it look better on the website. Got to cover the costs somehow.

Not everything is fake in Hollywood. : r/entourage

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 2

Anyone who already bought the training gear.

Is the sizing the same as the past two years, if I bought large the previous two years would I be safe buying large again or will it be looser or snugger. I could get away with the training gear being slightly and only slightly snugger but could do with the large kits being slightly looser

43 minutes ago, Ben said:

Anyone who already bought the training gear.

Is the sizing the same as the past two years, if I bought large the previous two years would I be safe buying large again or will it be looser or snugger. I could get away with the training gear being slightly and only slightly snugger but could do with the large kits being slightly looser

I’ve seen a few tweets that it’s truer to size than the kappa gear 

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ve seen a few tweets that it’s truer to size than the kappa gear 

Great thanks, usually a medium in all other clothing so I'll probably go down a size from last year's gear

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Is it Fanatics that are actually designing and manufacturing the gear again?

Yes

• Thanks 1

Had a quick look at wolves stuff

Its also not good but a training jumper for them is £50 while our training jumper is £65

I'm guessing that will come up at the next meeting with purslow 

Almost out of principle I hope no one is buying this stuff 

• Like 4

Just on the Wolves price comparison - my understanding is that Wolves have a really strange deal with Castore where Wolves manufacture the kit, it's not a Castore product in the truest sense, it's a Wolves product with a Castore badge.

Castore still make the Pro range so the prices on those should be very similar to ours if not the same - but the ones that Wolves are selling a lot cheaper than ours are from a factory that Wolves have found - I think it's fair to assume from the price difference that it's from a factory that Wolves have found that makes things cheap.

That's not to say ours aren't ridiculously, stupidly expensive, but they're not the same product as the Wolves one, regardless of the badges and the label - ours should be more like the Newcastle and Rangers prices.

Also, in terms of pricing, Villa don't set prices, Castore sets a price that they sell at to the retailer (in our case Fanatics) and they will have a RRP, but the retailer can then add on something for themselves if they wish. Our kit and apparel sales are entirely outsourced (I think Fanatics just pay us a lump sum each year or a percentage based on sales targets) so when you buy a shirt from Villa Park, the money goes to Fanatics, not to the club - as such the club don't have any real say in pricing.

Castore are known for discounting their products - and the products are often discounted pretty quickly after release, so hopefully we'll see reductions before too long - however, it'll be Fanatics in this case who decide whether they want to apply a reduction at the point of sale.

• Thanks 4

Just don’t buy it.Any of it!

Replica kit is always overpriced and generally not good looking or particularly flattering for most blokes.

it’s been a rip off for years.

Agree with the point (sorry can’t remember who made it!) that kids prices should be subsidised so that we would have more young fans able to run around the playground or park in our colours.

• Like 2