Omari Kellyman

zab6359

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Entire football league literally queueing up tomorrow morning to try get Kellyman on loan

Should be turned down if so. This lad is going to get a lot of game-time this season. He's going to start cup games and get sub minutes in the league at some stage. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Reminded me of chuk...

Maybe in stature, but i genuinely was never excited by Chuk as some others were.

Granted, in the couple of recent games i saw him at for Chelsea, he look much improved and energetic.

I see more in Kellyman than Chuk, at the same stage of their careers imo.

• Like 1

Kid has a great chance, he sees the picture early which is vital at this level. Even at 17 he looks like he will be able to handle the physicality of the mens game. Hopefully he has good people around him that will keep his feet on the ground! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe in stature, but i genuinely was never excited by Chuk as some others were.

Granted, in the couple of recent games i saw him at for Chelsea, he look much improved and energetic.

I see more in Kellyman than Chuk, at the same stage of their careers imo.

Agreed. 

• Like 1

Chukwuemeka was literally running games at U21 level as a sixteen year old, and had already made his Premier League debut when he was the age Kellyman is now, Kellyman is very good and might become better than Chukwuemeka - I hope he does obviously, but he isn't as good as Chukwuemeka was at the same age, which is no shame, as barely any academy player is at that age, I know some desperate to put Chukwuemeka down, but wasn't for nothing that all the top clubs in Europe wanted him and now a top manager like Pochettino keeping him around for Chelsea squad.

Had high hopes for Kellyman when we first signed him as had already trained with Derby first team and had made their first team bench, in part because of injuries, but they don't just select any U16 for that, would have been one they rated very highly, and then reading some of the comments from Derby fans who attend their U16 games comparing him to Kaide Gordon who at the time they had recently lost to Liverpool and was very highly rated, and then didn't take long after seeing him for our U21s to realize what a good player he is, not to talk to much about Chuck, but he actually reminded me of him and best attacking midfielder we've had since him and Aaron Ramsey.

Another good thing about him is how versatile he is, I've seen him play both wings, as a striker, as a second striker, as an attacking midfielder, and can apparenlty play as a DM as well, I presume that won't be where his future lies, but doesn't surprise me at academy level at least, as often battles so well to win the ball back.

Off all the attacking players on the pitch today could be argued he was the best, which is saying something, one because of his age, but also it wasn't as if the others were bad either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Chukwuemeka was literally running games at U21 level as a sixteen year old, and had already made his Premier League debut when he was the age Kellyman is now, Kellyman is very good and might become better than Chukwuemeka - I hope he does obviously, but he isn't as good as Chukwuemeka was at the same age, which is no shame, as barely any academy player is at that age, I know some desperate to put Chukwuemeka down, but wasn't for nothing that all the top clubs in Europe wanted him and now a top manager like Pochettino keeping him around for Chelsea squad.

Had high hopes for Kellyman when we first signed him as had already trained with Derby first team and had made their first team bench, in part because of injuries, but they don't just select any U16 for that, would have been one they rated very highly, and then reading some of the comments from Derby fans who attend their U16 games comparing him to Kaide Gordon who at the time they had recently lost to Liverpool and was very highly rated, and then didn't take long after seeing him for our U21s to realize what a good player he is, not to talk to much about Chuck, but he actually reminded me of him and best attacking midfielder we've had since him and Aaron Ramsey.

Another good thing about him is how versatile he is, I've seen him play both wings, as a striker, as a second striker, as an attacking midfielder, and can apparenlty play as a DM as well, I presume that won't be where his future lies, but doesn't surprise me at academy level at least, as often battles so well to win the ball back.

Off all the attacking players on the pitch today could be argued he was the best, which is saying something, one because of his age, but also it wasn't as if the others were bad either.

Agree with everything you have said here. The highlighted section has been a massive failing of English over the years, as at age group football we are obsessed with winning, therefore an early maturing athletic player will always get picked over the less mature skillful player, because he can bully opponents. This is why we produce players like Kevin Campbell, excellent for an 18 year old, but bang average at 25. Very rarely have we produced world class footballers, just world class athletes that play football. I mean, how many other top footballing nations would have given Carlton Palmer an international cap?

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He looks exactly what he js.An extremely talented 17 year old that needs to develop strength. But that will come. Easily done. Not easy is that skill and touch he has. He seemed nervous at the start as he should do but getting more into the game as it goes on. 

Reminds me of Grealish when he first came on the scene. Needs strength but you can see the potential 

9 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Very very solid, I thought he stood out, much more than revan…I think Kellyman is the only youngster who will make it with us

Kadan Young has a chance too. I’d watch Kessler closely as well as I think he has the tools, just needs to stay fit and see where this season takes him. 

Omari Kellyman looks to have talent, played against a strong and physical team yet looked comfortable.

At only 17 years of age he could be a fantastic Villa player.

I was really impressed, hopefully he gets some minutes this season in the Cups or the odd PL match.

We've got a bunch of youngsters Kellyman's age with a chance of making it, too early to write them off, Patterson, Kadan Young, and Feeney all top prospects, and then we've got even more in the year group below on a similar level, some of whom I'm sure will be training with the first team before long, likes of Proctor, Triston Rowe, Jimoh, Lynch, and Broggio, following the exact same trajectory that Young and Patterson have been on, obviously they all aren't going to make it but there's a lot of potential coming through, and that's without mentioning the likes of Rory Wilson and Ewan Simpson, Jayden Barber is a regular for England in same age group as Feeney.

Injury is the only thing that will stop this lad becoming a regular in top flights of Europe imo. Has the talent, the physical attributes, the work ethic. 

Think the more I see of him in the under 21s and then last night, the more I think he is a part of the reason Archer was sold. If Emery and co rate Kellyman higher than Archer with an extra 3 years of development ahead of him, makes sense to clear the pathway for him. 

I think he's a few years away from being expected to start a lot but then look at the likes of Ferguson. I think we'll see more of him than I'd have expected in July and that's no bad thing but would still probably like to see him get a season in the championship or league 1 next season just to see how he handles being the main man for 50 games in a year instead of 10-15 of our easier games this season. 

Â