Omari Kellyman

zab6359

On 10/10/2023 at 06:23, useless said:

I've never said any brother is any better than an other brother, the only thing I can remember saying is that Aaron Ramsey was as good as Jacob Ramsey at youth level. Also if Jahmi ends up being sold to another PL team for millions of pounds then he will have done exceptionally well

Fy-4EP_XwAMegEZ.jpg

On 02/11/2023 at 20:06, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Looking at the team photo it is still a little astonishing how tall he is, easily 3 inches taller than Kamara. When he fills out he will be a nightmare to deal with. Could end up being a much classier Joelinton. 

59 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Looks like he's got a bad hamstring injury.

Peak Villa...

Not allowed too much positive in one go...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I've never seen a player grab his hamstring as much as Kellyman does. Numerous times for the u21s he pulls up and looks for all the World like he'll need hooking but a few stretches later and he's after the ball again. Let's hope not too seriously hurt tonight.

Ten weeks isn't as bad as I was expecting going by the description of his injury that I'd read and our track record with academy players and injuries, so could have been a lot worse. He will only miss about four U21 games, plus first FA Youth Cup game, as the academy as more of a break over Christmas, and he probably wouldn't have been involved in all of those anyway.

And I doubt he would have gone out on loan in January either, still young for that and probably hasn't done enough yet to get a loan to a decent level, so for someone as promising as him wouldn't be worth it, might as well just keep him for FA Cup if we get good draws, or if we find ourselves with good leads in league games and can bring him on, and then if he does make some appearances like that for us, then he will have a much better chance of getting a better loan in the summer.

Truth be told I feel like last three or four U21 games I've sen his form has dropped a little from what it was, quite quiet, when  not too worried about that, similar happened to Kadan Young as well.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So apparently a stand out performance for the u21s, I’m convinced if we had t done the paperwork wrong and he hadn’t got injured we’d have seen him get first team minutes this season. Hopefully we will soon .

23 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So apparently a stand out performance for the u21s, I’m convinced if we had t done the paperwork wrong and he hadn’t got injured we’d have seen him get first team minutes this season. Hopefully we will soon .

What's the story here?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

He's going to the very top, trust me on this one.

Felt that was when I first saw him.

Which it's why it's bizarre I forgot he existed till the thread bumped!

Guessing he was out due to injury for a while.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Surely that's not a thing? It would mean having to register every youth player at the start of the season just in case and if we missed the boat in the summer surely we'd be able to do it in January anyway. 

1 hour ago, AndyClarke said:

He's going to the very top, trust me on this one.

Great to hear he has come back from injury stronger.  Its alot of body to grow into and with the fitness and conditioning coaches they will be tailoring his development to make the most of his unique characteristics. Is he still around 6 ft 3 or has he grown again?

He may be registered since Jan, but I’m sure the first stage he was omitted from. It’s because he hasn’t been at Villa long enough to count as an Academy player so had to be registered.

heres a link 

Athletic

“Despite making his first Villa start in the UEFA Conference League qualifying round against Hibernian — providing an assist for Leon Bailey on the night — Kellyman’s participation in the competition has been curbed. An oversight resulted in him being omitted from the group-stage squad as he had not been at Villa long enough to qualify as an academy graduate. Director of football Damian Vidagany and president of football operations Monchi explained that the 18-year-old should not take it as a slight, given Emery wished to involve him.”

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He may be registered since Jan, but I’m sure the first stage he was omitted from. It’s because he hasn’t been at Villa long enough to count as an Academy player so had to be registered.

heres a link 

Athletic

“Despite making his first Villa start in the UEFA Conference League qualifying round against Hibernian — providing an assist for Leon Bailey on the night — Kellyman’s participation in the competition has been curbed. An oversight resulted in him being omitted from the group-stage squad as he had not been at Villa long enough to qualify as an academy graduate. Director of football Damian Vidagany and president of football operations Monchi explained that the 18-year-old should not take it as a slight, given Emery wished to involve him.”

If they want to argue we should have signed Kellyman earlier then fair enough, but if you’re talking about the UEFA paperwork being messed up or some sort of oversight, that’s simply not correct. The rules for the qualifiers were not the same as the rules for the main competition. For the group stage we had to submit a List A senior squad and a List B academy squad.

Kellyman hadn’t been at the club long enough to qualify for List B and we would have needed to drop a senior player from the squad to make room for him on List A. It was the same for Iroegbunam.

Edited by East London Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scored a good goal last night, a volley taken at hip hight coming straight at him, 'teckers' the kids would say!

That goal goes in at any level!

Â