Omari Kellyman

zab6359

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ah I got the tune wrong in my head and only realised at line 3.

Kellyman 

Kellyman

What are they feeding you?

Kellyman

Kellyman 

It's not your fault

spacer.png

Class. I can imagine the wail of the last line in the Holte end. 

On 03/09/2023 at 07:24, HalfTimePost said:

Ah I got the tune wrong in my head and only realised at line 3.

Kellyman 

Kellyman

What are they feeding you?

Kellyman

Kellyman 

It's not your fault

spacer.png

The scary thing is, is that Kellyman has probably never even heard of the friends tv show, or ever seen an episode… :( 

• Like 1

Seems like he won't be featuring in the Conference League group stage.

UEFA rules are that you can name any players under 21 provided they have been been at the club for at least two years. Kellyman was only signed in March 2022 and would therefore have to be registered in the main squad, but all the spots are taken after Lenglet joined to replace Mings.

1 hour ago, Ceemo said:

Seems like he won't be featuring in the Conference League group stage.

UEFA rules are that you can name any players under 21 provided they have been been at the club for at least two years. Kellyman was only signed in March 2022 and would therefore have to be registered in the main squad, but all the spots are taken after Lenglet joined to replace Mings.

He isnt registered or available according to the UEFA website. Philogene is randomly though

34 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Kellyman had better get one bad ass song then!

Soon May the Kellyman come 

To bring us goals against the scum 

One day when the Villa are done

We’ll take our cups and go.

Lyrics are shit and can be changed but I’d love us to get a wellerman tune.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2023 at 23:11, Zatman said:

He isnt registered or available according to the UEFA website. Philogene is randomly though

I can only assume we planned to keep philogene around by the time the squad deadline came around... but then had a forced hand to sell him on (with buy back)

Makes the decision to let him go look that little bit poorer.

Shame Kellyman won't play but hopefully gets some time in the League Cup and Fa Cup early stages.

Edited by MrBlack

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I can only assume we planned to keep philogene around by the time the squad deadline came around... but then had a forced hand to sell him on (with buy back)

Makes the decision to let him go look that little bit poorer.

Shame Kellyman won't play but hopefully gets some time in the League Cup and Fa Cup early stages.

He can play, he’s on the younger list so doesn’t need to be fully registered. 
Philogene asked to leave as wanted more game time at his age 

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Im the league he can but not in Europe

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

As stated above, he hasn't been with us for 2 years so doesn't qualify for the younger list... and yes the forced hand with Philogene that he wasn't happy with bit part time...could have been confirmed before we registered him for the Europa League.

13 hours ago, MrBlack said:

As stated above, he hasn't been with us for 2 years so doesn't qualify for the younger list... and yes the forced hand with Philogene that he wasn't happy with bit part time...could have been confirmed before we registered him for the Europa League.

Is he not allowed, or he doesn’t get counted as 1 of 4 young players that played for 2 years?

7 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Is he not allowed, or he doesn’t get counted as 1 of 4 young players that played for 2 years?

He doesn't get counted...but i expect we could register him. For whatever reason we chose not to, but we do have a spare spot.

Maybe thinking ahead for January as think there's a window to add players then, but still don't really know why we wouldn't have registed him as in the first place for the interim.

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

He doesn't get counted...but i expect we could register him. For whatever reason we chose not to, but we do have a spare spot.

Maybe thinking ahead for January as think there's a window to add players then, but still don't really know why we wouldn't have registed him as in the first place for the interim.

From what I read, you can add 3 players during January, wether that was by changing 3 current ones or just add? I’m not really sure.

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

I assume him starting and scoring against Sutton last night means he won't feature in the squad at all for the Warsaw game?

I don’t think he’s eligible due to not being classed as a academy player.

• 3 weeks later...

Been named in the England U19 squad for Euro qualifiers next week against Montenegro, Wales, and Austria, which means he will miss our U21 game against Charlton on Tuesday. England's first game is on Wednesday, I suppose in theory he could play for us on the Tuesday and then link up with England for their next two games.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

Been named in the England U19 squad for Euro qualifiers next week against Montenegro, Wales, and Austria, which means he will miss our U21 game against Charlton on Tuesday. England's first game is on Wednesday, I suppose in theory he could play for us on the Tuesday and then link up with England for their next two games.

With our injuries I think he’ll feature against Wolves. We don’t have cup games until January so I expect him to have some minutes. 

• Like 1

He's probably flying out with the England squad this weekend, unless as above he's been given permission to miss their first game to allow him to play for our U21s against Charlton in the EFL Trophy, which is normally a good chance for the 21s to test themselves against senior opposition, either way him being involved tomorrow looks unlikely now as he played last night against Hull.

Â