Omari Kellyman

zab6359

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Very true, I didn’t give him enough credit.

It’s exciting to have such good young prospects with elite level coaching 

I understand the thinking by sending players out to lower league clubs, to enhance their physical learning of the game....but equally, there comes a time, when the first team is the only place, for fine tuning.

Its not easy to know, when that time is right....only experienced coaches will know that....but it also has to be balanced with winning matches.

This boy, looks on the surface to be a real find....I hope he continues to improve and not Plateau out.

Looks better than Chuk to me.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I understand the thinking by sending players out to lower league clubs, to enhance their physical learning of the game....but equally, there comes a time, when the first team is the only place, for fine tuning.

Its not easy to know, when that time is right....only experienced coaches will know that....but it also has to be balanced with winning matches.

This boy, looks on the surface to be a real find....I hope he continues to improve and not Plateau out.

I think agreed. Some players really hit that physical development earlier.

Felt the same way about Duran when he stepped on but when Kellyman stepped on, he immediately had the first touch and the awareness and vision to go with it. The game moved too fast for Duran when he came on but Kellyman was in the flow immediately.

Just a pre-season game but he looked far more ready than some of his other counterparts and, crucially, in a position that does not have a lot of depth (second striker).

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I think agreed. Some players really hit that physical development earlier.

Felt the same way about Duran when he stepped on but when Kellyman stepped on, he immediately had the first touch and the awareness and vision to go with it. The game moved too fast for Duran when he came on but Kellyman was in the flow immediately.

Just a pre-season game but he looked far more ready than some of his other counterparts and, crucially, in a position that does not have a lot of depth (second striker).

I think that's more down to the footballing cultures they respectively grew up in tbf. This is all new for Duran, whereas Kellyman has been developed specifically to play in it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

That's quite a statement. 

Didn't watch the game yesterday - so fair enough if true, but I always thought Carney was class. After that cameo he had off the bench against Spurs, you could tell he was going places. 

I think it's a real shame he left when he did. I think he'd be very close to starting in the LM position in this team currently.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

That's quite a statement. 

Didn't watch the game yesterday - so fair enough if true, but I always thought Carney was class. After that cameo he had off the bench against Spurs, you could tell he was going places. 

I think it's a real shame he left when he did. I think he'd be very close to starting in the LM position in this team currently.

Carney was an incredible youth footballer . But he has really slipped into a non productive player. His only goal contribution in senior football is still the assist against Norwich 18 months ago. He hasnt scored or assisted for a whole season at Chelsea both for the first team and their U21's . That will make a massive dent maybe psychologically. Used to love watching him play but he never really translated that smooth ability into mens football. I hope he does make it under Poch but with Santos and Cesare also competing for a midfield berth i dont think they can have 3 u21s in their squad in that position. 

When Chukwuemeka was Kellyman's age he was already well established at U21 level and pretty much running games, I think he might have already made his PL debut as well or was close to it, whereas Kellyman doesn't even have much U21 experience yet.

Kellyman to me looks like the best attacking midfielder we've had since Chukwuemeka and Aaron Ramsey, so lets see if he can be as good as them or maybe better, if he does then good for him as I suspect it would mean him becoming a very good player indeed as am expecting both Chukwuemeka and Ramsey to have very good careers.

Edited by useless

Chukwuemeka's output in terms of goals and assists was never that great, his numbers were boosted in FA Youth Cup games playing against U18 teams, that's an area where Aaron Ramsey way outperformed him, and I suspect Kellyman will too at U21 level.

Chukwuemeka scored three and assisted four in twenty-eight U21 appearances, Aaron Ramsey scored fourteen and assisted seven in twenty-seven U21 appearances, Kellyman already has three goals and two assists in ten U21 appearances, and in terms of minuts on the pitch it's more like five games worth.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

100 percent agree!

I genuinely never saw the hype!

With Chuck and some others, I’m always sceptical when a young player is physically more well developed compared to his peers… it’s very hard to separate any skill out from the physical advantage of being bigger, faster and more developed than others their age, as when they graduate to big boy football they aren’t the biggest anymore. 

• Like 4

Chukwuemeka's standout qualities and what made him often the best player on the pitch at U21 level and often for England at youth level, was nothing to do with his size, it wasn't as if he was using his size to bulldoze past players or anything like that, in fact he wasn't really a physical type of player at all, it was things like close ball control, ability to link up with players around him, the way he could always make space for himself, and ability to carry the ball long distances that made him standout, qualities that didn't really have much to do with his size.

There are plenty of players in academy football as big and bigger than Chukwuemeka was and the vast majority of them look nowhere near as good as he did, when he was playing for U21s he was sixteen playing against players two, three, or more years older than him, strenthg wise he wouldn't have even had an advantage over a lot of them anyway.

Iroegbunam is similar, he's got size advantage, but it's not his physicallity that makes him stand out, like Chukwuemeka he has ability to make space for himself, can carry the ball really well, and has very good passing range, even in terms of his ability win the ball back it's less about his size and more about well timed tackles.

Kellyman good player in his own right will be interesting to see how he does next season with our U21s, and if it's true he's switched to England will be interesting to see how that goes, if FA asked him to switch I'm really not surprised as would be foolish to lose such a prospect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG Villatalk, isn’t this a thread about Kellyman who is our exciting new youth prospect and who had a very promising ruin out against Newcastle in Philly?

So why have we fallen to talking about Chuk who has left us and who didn’t exactly tear up many trees with Chelsea last season - albeit he was hampered by being part of the worst Chelsea squad for a generation. I expect he has a thread in other football.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Carney was an incredible youth footballer . But he has really slipped into a non productive player. His only goal contribution in senior football is still the assist against Norwich 18 months ago. He hasnt scored or assisted for a whole season at Chelsea both for the first team and their U21's . That will make a massive dent maybe psychologically. Used to love watching him play but he never really translated that smooth ability into mens football. I hope he does make it under Poch but with Santos and Cesare also competing for a midfield berth i dont think they can have 3 u21s in their squad in that position. 

I don’t know how can we judge players that don’t start games with their numbers. The minutes here and there isn’t enough to be honest. 
Although I’m not sure about the u21 if he’s playing much then that could be a concern.

8 hours ago, useless said:

Chukwuemeka's standout qualities and what made him often the best player on the pitch at U21 level and often for England at youth level, was nothing to do with his size, it wasn't as if he was using his size to bulldoze past players or anything like that, in fact he wasn't really a physical type of player at all, it was things like close ball control, ability to link up with players around him, the way he could always make space for himself, and ability to carry the ball long distances that made him standout, qualities that didn't really have much to do with his size.

There are plenty of players in academy football as big and bigger than Chukwuemeka was and the vast majority of them look nowhere near as good as he did, when he was playing for U21s he was sixteen playing against players two, three, or more years older than him, strenthg wise he wouldn't have even had an advantage over a lot of them anyway.

Iroegbunam is similar, he's got size advantage, but it's not his physicallity that makes him stand out, like Chukwuemeka he has ability to make space for himself, can carry the ball really well, and has very good passing range, even in terms of his ability win the ball back it's less about his size and more about well timed tackles.

Kellyman good player in his own right will be interesting to see how he does next season with our U21s, and if it's true he's switched to England will be interesting to see how that goes, if FA asked him to switch I'm really not surprised as would be foolish to lose such a prospect.

Carney also showed a killer mentality with us. He was always incredibly confident and sure of himself, even in his first-team appearances. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â