Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

A CM is a must, I think we could get by with Watkins, Ings and Archer. But the midfield is still unbalanced and needs resolved ASAP.

Agreed. The probablem with the strikers right now is the service, nothing more. They can’t score if they aren’t given goal scoring opportunities…

Regardless of who the manager is or might be, we 100% need more quality in midfield. I can’t believe we’re going in to another season with an inadequate midfield.

Yes the tactics don’t help, but only Kamara (and it’s early days) can be considered good enough for the top 7 of our midfield. It’s arguably the most important area of the field (certainly in my mind), and we’re ill equipped once again! 

Without a new addition there, we won’t get top 8, regardless of who the manager is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Hopefully. Wouldn't want any more money spent. There's enough there to challenge and fight for top 10 easy. If the coach isn't a **** melon that is

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Do not give this gaffer any more players.

I've lived this before. People might love the spending but the alarm bells have been ringing for some time for me.

It's a bloated squad. Wage budget must be getting silly now.

Gerrard has enough to work with and he should be getting better performances and improving people. Not tanking the value of every first team player.

You forgot you'd logged in with a different account ;)

Edit: not that I don't agree with the point being made. He doesn't need another player, just needs to play the right players in the right formation.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, John said:

I do know that SG did say that we aimed to win all of our games, one league game down 37 to go.....;)

I'd be more surprised if he said we were looking to lose them all... Although that looks like the strategy he seems to be going for. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Regardless of who the manager is or might be, we 100% need more quality in midfield. I can’t believe we’re going in to another season with an inadequate midfield.

Yes the tactics don’t help, but only Kamara (and it’s early days) can be considered good enough for the top 7 of our midfield. It’s arguably the most important area of the field (certainly in my mind), and we’re ill equipped once again! 

Without a new addition there, we won’t get top 8, regardless of who the manager is. 

We've got 6 legit senior central midfielders on the books. 7 if you could Tim. 8 at a push with Chambers.

Matheus Nunes 👀 (Sporting Lisbon) 🇵🇹 could this happen 🤐 … Central mid in the number 8 role, also turns 24 this month thats pretty much a perfect age … 6ft and looks the athlete… £31m on transfmarket… ticks so many boxes 

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Time for the coach to actually do some coaching and improve the players

Chequebook manager at Rangers

Cheque book manager at rangers? He was significantly outspent by celtic every season according to transfermarkt despite having a massively inferior squad and lack of European football to start with. Rangers v Celtic spend in millions of euros for each season were: 

18/19 - 11.88 v 14.53

19/20- 11.34 v 20.23

20/21 - 11.70 v 15.70

It’s posts like this which highlight the embarrassing and obsessive lengths some are going to to try and discredit the manager and actually detract from some of the other very reasonable criticisms that are being made. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We've got 6 legit senior central midfielders on the books. 7 if you could Tim. 8 at a push with Chambers.

This is what I don’t get. And how many wingers do we have if you ignore Traore who’s likely going to Turkey. Bailey Buendia and Coutinho. Surely getting an out and out winger is more critical 

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Cheque book manager at rangers? He was significantly outspent by celtic every season according to transfermarkt despite having a massively inferior squad and lack of European football to start with. Rangers v Celtic spend in millions of euros for each season were: 

18/19 - 11.88 v 14.53

19/20- 11.34 v 20.23

20/21 - 11.70 v 15.70

It’s posts like this which highlight the embarrassing and obsessive lengths some are going to to try and discredit the manager and actually detract from some of the other very reasonable criticisms that are being made. 

Exactly this! Responses to it then get referred to as shutting down any Gerrard criticism. 

12 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Matheus Nunes 👀 (Sporting Lisbon) 🇵🇹 could this happen 🤐 … Central mid in the number 8 role, also turns 24 this month thats pretty much a perfect age … 6ft and looks the athlete… £31m on transfmarket… ticks so many boxes 

- 6ft?, too big, we like midgits.

- athletic, why?, we just need players to stand still and offer no movement or out balls, and plays right in to our tactics of just hoofing it anyway, movement and athleticism are overrated.

- can pass a ball, why?, we dont need to control the ball, hoofing is better, gets you up the pitch quicker. (doesnt matter if it goes to the opposition, or that our forwards are 3ft tall).

- intelligence and vision, why?, we just need to lump over 9000 crosses in, one of our 3ft forwards will get on one of them eventually, vision and intelligence are overrated.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

This is what I don’t get. And how many wingers do we have if you ignore Traore who’s likely going to Turkey. Bailey Buendia and Coutinho. Surely getting an out and out winger is more critical 

What’s an out and out winger? I always think of Tony Daley or Aaron Lennon when I heard this. 

If you mean another wide forward then we probably do need another one as ideally we’d have 2 for each position.   

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s an out and out winger? I always think of Tony Daley or Aaron Lennon when I heard this. 

If you mean another wide forward then we probably do need another one as ideally we’d have 2 for each position.   

We are in need of a right-footed, left-sided winger IMO. Baffled me that we sold Grealish who would cut inside from the left and allow Targett to overlap, and in the same window signed Buendia and Bailey (not a criticism of them, I think they're both very good signings) who are far more effective/accustomed to playing on the right, along with Traore and Trezeguet who were already here. 

• Like 1

We don't play with wingers. Signing one would only mean we'd have a new expensive guy to put at the edge of the bench. Then again I guess that would technically mean adding some width. Albeit on the bench instead of the pitch.

Just now, wict01 said:

We are in need of a right-footed, left-sided winger IMO. Baffled me that we sold Grealish who would cut inside from the left and allow Targett to overlap, and in the same window signed Buendia and Bailey (not a criticism of them, I think they're both very good signings) who are far more effective/accustomed to playing on the right, along with Traore and Trezeguet who were already here. 

I thought Coutinho could do this role but he just doesn’t look the player he once was.

I think that if Luiz staying, we don't need another midfielder.

Kamara - Luiz - Mcginn - Ramsey are a good selection and can rotate as starters. They are very mobile, and they should be offloading the ball to Coutinho and Buendia quickly.

We then have Nakamba, Tim, Sanson as back up with Chambers if needed at CDM. 

The trick is to get the 3 starters clicking. I am happy if we are to finish this transfer window as is.