Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lucas Moura is actually quite good IMO, not sure why he's always a punchline

He's run us ragged in the past 

Not doubting it

But Richarlison + Gordon for Moura and Winks... Thats a terrible deal for Everton, its so bad its hilarious 

If Everton were linked with buying moura then OK there's an argument to be had there but losing their best player and best youth prospect for him and Winks? 

Our lot would be going apoplectic at a similar proposal 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Not sure I would want any Everton player tbh. Dont want to catch whatever bad mojo they have as a team.

Yeah, We’ve had enough bad mojo over the past decade to last a lifetime.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, striker said:

Why so? We’re talking about a player who played a role in getting West Ham to exactly where Villa want to be over the last two seasons with 6th and 7th place finishes.

Where did Villa finish in the same period?

Swapping Mings for Soucek?  Then adding cash?  Just no, just crazy talk!

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Combination of Buendia and Coutinho for me. Seems he’s moved to play more of a CM role in recent months, an interesting one for sure.

Looks like he’s got a bit of bite about him too. Also, he wears his socks a little lower than most. I can get on board with that…

Hopefully there is legs in this one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Here is the whoscored summary for Otavio, which includes domestic games. 

Screenshot_20220627-145805_Chrome~01.jpg

Plays the ball off the ground often, gets fouled often, likes to shoot from distance, likes to play long balls, likes to tackle, commits fouls often...

...he's the Portuguese McGinn!  Can't wait for the meltdown.

Edited by bobzy
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

Makes me laugh when players talk about Europe, you turn the best league in the world down to play in Azerbaijan on a Thursday night. Even the CL only gets decent when it gets to QF/SF stage. Why not play against teams who regularly get to the latter stages of the European competitions every other week. I get players want to play at the highest level but the PL for the most part is the highest level.  

The PL is pretty much the Champions League now aside from PSG, Bayern and Real. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

If there ever was a season that players might not be too concerned about playing in Europe this will be it, I'm sure a few would prefer not to, world cup in the middle of a season, less games would be nice

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WHY said:

Makes me laugh when players talk about Europe, you turn the best league in the world down to play in Azerbaijan on a Thursday night. Even the CL only gets decent when it gets to QF/SF stage. Why not play against teams who regularly get to the latter stages of the European competitions every other week. I get players want to play at the highest level but the PL for the most part is the highest level.  

I agree. I think it’s part of how we were able to attract Coutinho, Carlos and Kamara. That and the higher wages.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not sure if this has been posted before but the journo has 1/2 million followers so may know what he’s talking about. Or he may not. 

which one out of the 3 is it?

27 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not sure if this has been posted before but the journo has 1/2 million followers so may know what he’s talking about. Or he may not. 

Isn't that a newspaper that has 500k followers not a person?

Edited by CVByrne

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Isn't that a newspaper that has 500k followers not a person?

Yeah, you’re right. I still have no idea whether the info is accurate or not, my point was more along the lines of it’s not a fake ITK with 75 followers.