Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I was in a guitar shop talking to the manager - who was a Newcastle fan. I was at the till in the process of buying a £3k guitar and chatting football.
When he found out I was a Villa fan he started slagging us off, saying he'll never forgive us for the 'Sob on the Tyne' banners.

I told him I was amazed he was so annoyed by a few people having bants on the last day of the season, but he was having none of it. It was pathetic.

So, to show my maturity I cancelled the purchase and bought one online. That was him telt.

I was in a guitar shop buying a guitar for £3.1k and a similar thing happened.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@AntrimBlack 

@villabromsgrove

@PerryBarrPet

Respect to you fellas for posting here, you have memories of great Villa teams!

Hopefully more to come next season!

Up the Villa

Mods this reaction limit is becoming a bit of a farce! ( Especially for more active members ) I echo what @Zhan_Zhuang says here times 1 million!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Not really true, Martinez has played more European games than Ings. Anwar has scored in the Champions League so did Bailey. Mings and McGinn played at the Euros

Sanson and Traore have played in European finals

My point was PL experience 

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I was in a guitar shop talking to the manager - who was a Newcastle fan. I was at the till in the process of buying a £3k guitar and chatting football.
When he found out I was a Villa fan he started slagging us off, saying he'll never forgive us for the 'Sob on the Tyne' banners.

I told him I was amazed he was so annoyed by a few people having bants on the last day of the season, but he was having none of it. It was pathetic.

So, to show my maturity I cancelled the purchase and bought one online. That was him telt.

Was fine though for them to mock Burnley on Sunday 

• Like 2

On 26/05/2022 at 03:55, Mic09 said:

You don't get any awards for the youngest team. You get points for a winning team.

Give me a team of solid 29/30 year olds over possibly successful 22 year olds. 

But the right way to do it is to mix it - Coutinho is what, just short of 30? Is he not a better option than Bailey? 

You wrote five different sentences there and I agree wholeheartedly with each of them.... 

Our best premier league season (the first one) under BFR contained Houghton, Richardson, McGrath, Spink, Saunders (29+), then Barrett, Teale, Atkinson, Parker (24+) and Staunton, Daley, Yorke (20+).  

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Would have done the same thing F him!

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I love the fact that opposing fans are suddenly interested in us and you can smell the concern. More often than not that means you’re doing something right. 

They all seem to be mocking though, where as if it was us talking about a side who had signed such players we’d be saying how well they have done… maybe they know something we don’t. 

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Years ago, at the time when Big Ron was sacked, I had this bloke come found to try and sell me a phone. I’d always got phones from the same bloke, who was a great bloke. This was fairly early in the mobile phone days. This new guy had pestered me a few times and his deal was definitely very good.  He came round a couple of days after Ron had gone and started banging on about Man U who had recently beaten us under Ron, the usual boring drivel. A couple of days later he called me to seal the deal and introduced himself as the Man U phone man. I said sorry the guy I get phones off is called Mike, you must have the wrong number. There’s a time and a place to be a grown up and this definitely wasn’t one. Stuff the money!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Lyon are potentially selling Houssem Aouar and Lucas Paqueta on the cheap. If we’re not getting Bissouma I’d be happy with either of those.

Houseem Aouar rumoured fee is €13million euros - same reported fee as The Ox … Know which one I’d rather we sign - Sorry Alex 

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I bet he really loves us now! 🤣