Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, picicata said:

Or a manager with some tactical nouse

Gerrard is a winner and he deserves a chance to sort us out. Anyone wanting to change the manager now needs to give their head a wobble. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Gerrard is a winner and he deserves a chance to sort us out. Anyone wanting to change the manager now needs to give their head a wobble. 

I'm not suggesting we change manager. We chose an inexperienced, tactically naive man for our manager and that is the bed in which we must lie. Signing a whole host of of new players in the summer won't do shit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, picicata said:

I'm not suggesting we change manager. We chose an inexperienced, tactically naive man for our manager and that is the bed in which we must lie. Signing a whole host of of new players in the summer won't do shit.

Conte has just lost two home games to Southampton and Wolves. He's meant to be a genius. 

Maybe our players just aren't good enough, hence why we need yet another overhaul. We'll soon see I guess. 

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Conte has just lost two home games to Southampton and Wolves. He's meant to be a genius. 

Maybe our players just aren't good enough, hence why we need yet another overhaul. We'll soon see I guess. 

They're far better than they played today

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

They are if we expect to finish mid table, this team is never going to challenge the top 10.  So we need to manage our expectations in all honesty. 

4 minutes ago, picicata said:

They're far better than they played today

They're inconsistent. Mid table players. Play well one week, poor the next 

Getting elite players though... thats the challenge! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

Did he really win that much?  One Champions League the standout, but no league (actively cost Liverpool one by falling over) and part of the underachieving England team.  Agree it is way too soon to change things up, just wanted to challenge that perception.

• Like 2

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Did he really win that much?  One Champions League the standout, but no league (actively cost Liverpool one by falling over) and part of the underachieving England team.  Agree it is way too soon to change things up, just wanted to challenge that perception.

I was on about the mentality more, but he has won 5 domestic cups as a player for Liverpool as well as lifting the Champions League, plus 2 other European trophies. Also, he won the league with Rangers, stopping Celtic's 10 in a row quest. I think he's a good leader. 

I guess we'll see how much that all means in the next 12 months or so :)

33 minutes ago, calcifer said:

They are if we expect to finish mid table, this team is never going to challenge the top 10.  So we need to manage our expectations in all honesty. 

Never challenge the top 10? We finished 11th last season and have strengthened since. Our squad is no worse than Wolves, Brighton’s or Southampton’s and all of those are in the top 10 currently. Our squad also has a higher valuation than West Ham who are 4th.

I guess Gerrard would agree with you though, buying more expensive players will always be the easy way out for a manager.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Tim Sherwood was a winner, so maybe was Steve Bruce and Remi Garde

I hope our so far wonderful owners stay patient and back the manager in the summer. They've spent so much and our progress has stagnated. Hopefully they understood after Jack left that it's going to be a difficult season, and are not overly disappointed.

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Anyone else think the key area is the buy a seriously good DM so that Luiz and McGinn can play further forward? 

Ramsey is ahead of both, Luiz technically is better than McGinn.

Add the new DM and that's the three for me, McGinn benched.

Martinez

Cash- Konsa- New Cb- Digne

New CM- New DM- Ramsey

Buendia- New CF- Coutinho 

Outs:
Mcginn- £40 mil 
Sanson- £10 Mil
Luiz- £25 Mil
Davis- £8Mil
Ings- £20 Mil
El Ghazi- Free Trasnfer
Trezeguet- 8mil 

Total = 100 Mil

Ins:
Lisandro Martínez- £30 Mil
Massengo- £5 Mil
Bissouma- £30 Mil
Kouadio Koné- £15Mil 
Armando Broja- £25 Mil
Coutinho- £30 Mil

Total = £135 Mil 

New team for 2022/23

Martinez

Cash- Konsa- Martinez- Digne

Kone- Bissouma- Ramsey

Buendia- Broja- Coutinho 

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Martinez

New CM- New DM- Ramsey

Outs:
Mcginn- £40 mil 
Sanson- £10 Mil
Luiz- £25 Mil
Davis- £8Mil
Ings- £20 Mil
El Ghazi- Free Trasnfer
Trezeguet- 8mil 

Total = 100 Mil

Ins:
Massengo- £5 Mil
Bissouma- £30 Mil
Kouadio Koné- £15Mil 
Armando Broja- £25 Mil
Coutinho- £30 Mil

Total = £135 Mil 

New team for 2022/23

Martinez

Kone- Bissouma- Ramsey

Buendia- Broja- Coutinho 

If anybody offered us more than 15m for McGinn I'd bite their arm off.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Martinez

New CM- New DM- Ramsey

Outs:
Mcginn- £40 mil 
Sanson- £10 Mil
Luiz- £25 Mil
Davis- £8Mil
Ings- £20 Mil
El Ghazi- Free Trasnfer
Trezeguet- 8mil 

Total = 100 Mil

Ins:
Massengo- £5 Mil
Bissouma- £30 Mil
Kouadio Koné- £15Mil 
Armando Broja- £25 Mil
Coutinho- £30 Mil

Total = £135 Mil 

New team for 2022/23

Martinez

Kone- Bissouma- Ramsey

Buendia- Broja- Coutinho 

Need a new RB desperately. Someone like Ricardo Pereira.

I honestly think this could be our last big window before the ownership start placing an emphasis on the youth players or start asking serious questions of Purslow.

I’d approach the window attempting to do the following:

——————Martinez——————
Cash——Konsa—New——Digne
———————New———————
Ramsey———————New———
——Buendia———Coutinho——
———————New———————

Thats 4 new starters and that’s before we talk about Cash and the right back position. 

We need to look to obviously raise funds so I’d be looking to sell a select few from the following:

McGinn
Watkins
Ings
Sanson
Luiz

Traore, Trezeguet and El Ghazi need to leave permanently.

If we’re serious about progressing, we need to make some moves this Summer. The problem we’ll have is we won’t be all too attractive after another bottom half finish.