Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

SSN. Have Man City won the transfer window. Sorry guys I didn't realise you won a trophy even for this?

Its the most important metric now! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Just out of interest how much is done at Bodymoor as opposed to Villa Park?

Remember under Lambert the media team tweeted a pic of the north Stand with lights on then we went on signed Simon Dawkins

11 minutes ago, TomC said:

I think everyone's eyes were opened by the way the Kamara-McGinn-JJ midfield worked out at the beginning of the season. Everyone knew that the Doug-McGinn-JJ midfield was unbalanced. Subbing Kamara for Doug didn't make much of a difference; it became apparent to many of us that the real problem is playing McGinn and JJ together. You simply don't have a passer among the two forward midfielders. That's why we keep hoofing it from the back.

I don't know that Dougie is going to turn into a superstar, but from his limited appearances this season, he looks good as an 8 and gives us something McGinn and JJ don't have.

Hardly surprising when he played a more advanced midfield role before coming to Villa. 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

If he does leave I’m going to ask myself why a player that Arsenal were prepared to pay £26m+ for, even though he had 1-year left on his contract, was unable to be a nailed started for us when our midfield was piss poor.

Yeah I'm asking this question myself, would be a 40m player if he had a few years left. Shocking really!

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Remember under Lambert the media team tweeted a pic of the north Stand with lights on then we went on signed Simon Dawkins

Yes but I remember some commercial activity being moved to Bodymoor when the new buildings were opened - Gen Krulak gave a guided tour.

We surely aren’t going to let Tim and Luiz go on deadline day (and probably Sanson) and not get a replacement in. Makes very little sense. 

I know we got Dendonker but we will be so light in CM. Just McGinn, JJ, Dendonker, and Kamara. Surely not! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

If nothing else, at least we're actually active with inbound deals on deadline day for a change 

Forced hand. If we hadnt of lost 4/5 game so far, we’d be done already. (Apart from outgoings).