Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Another good player we letting slip through out fingers. Rather him than bednarek or dawson

Another tweet says we are trying for him, but there are other teams involved.

I have a feeling the likes of Dawson and Bednarak have been sounded out as backup options.

What happened to Denayer? He's free.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have a feeling the likes of Dawson and Bednarak have been sounded out as backup options.

Access was Denayed.

52 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Newcastle had something like 10 points in Jan and still made big signings. You pay them the money and they’ll come irrelevant of the manager and the current form 

You cut my post which also said a manager who may well be sacked in a week or two. 

Eddie Howe wasn't going to be sacked a couple of weeks after signing for him. 

A player must think about it. Sign for one man and a month later risk a new manager not wanting you.

Look at Bailey and Buendia currently. Sign for one man and one way, now being used completely differently. 

Edited by DCJonah

What would people think about going for Paul Onuachu, the Nigerian striker from Genk? He is big, strong and good in the air. Reminds me very much of Benteke. He has also scored over 50 goals for them in the last two seasons combined, albeit in the Belgian league. He wouldn't cost the Earth but might be. Just what we need as an alternative up front?

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was linked with Wolves yesterday, think he may be a lot of teams fall back option this late in the window.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Denayer is a strange one, he has been available on a free all summer and is at a good age for a Central Defender. You would have thought someone would have snapped him up by now, which makes me wonder what is up with him if nobody has signed him?

If we actually can’t get our main targets in this window, then we should use the loan system and get 2 top CL quality players in for 6 months or the season. 

We can then re-assess with a new manager in January or the summer without having wasted £30m x2 on players that the new manager no longer wants.

4 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Denayer is a strange one, he has been available on a free all summer and is at a good age for a Central Defender. You would have thought someone would have snapped him up by now, which makes me wonder what is up with him if nobody has signed him?

Waiting for the inevitable insane wage + signing fee deal from someone desperate.

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I dont understand why the club are not in full panic mode. I bloody well am.

I think they are and I think that is the problem here 😬

Panic sales, and panic buys… that’s if we even manage to get anyone in…

I though we were intelligent, sensible, strategic - not PANICKED! 😱 

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i thought their bench last night looked very young and weak

can see gilmour leaving on loan (and we shouldnt be anywhere near him) but not gallagher

I wouldn't mind Gilmour actually, he's a better player than he looked at Norwich. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If we sell luiz and dont get a replacement we are going down there is no question. 

But i would not believe we would be stupid enough to sell luiz eithout gettjng a replacement in

Sadly I believe we are 

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think they are and I think that is the problem here 😬

Panic sales, and panic buys… that’s if we even manage to get anyone in…

I though we were intelligent, sensible, strategic - not PANICKED! 😱 

I don't know about full panic mode, but certainly we are in a state of flux. It's difficult to have a transfer strategy when you don't know who the manager is going to be in a few weeks time, it's difficult to back a manager who is underperforming, and the whole Sarr debacle shows there's a disconnect somewhere in the recruitment team.

We're a mess, at the moment I'd just be happy if we don't lose Luiz, Bailey and Sanson and add some kind of defensive cover, so there's at least something to work with for the next guy coming in. If we lose our only remaining winger, one of our better midfielders and don't add to the defence, then it's going to very difficult for whoever comes in next.

I don't think we'll lose any of those players apart from possibly Sanson, but you just never know.