Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

While we're on the topic of Craig Dawson, he's actually a very competent player. Not sure he improves us, but I bet he's as good, if not better than Konsa and Chambers. 

It's uninspiring and boring, but he's had a very good career actually. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobs said:

I think we will sign Dawson and Brereton diaz. Just an inkling 

I've always liked Ben Brereton (even before he added the Diaz to look cool). 

I'll also add that he was monstrous for me in FM.

If the rumours of a fractured dressing room are true, this will seriously hinder us in attracting new  players  - they all talk to each other even if at different clubs and it won't take long for it to get about if we have a toxic situation behind the scenes.......

29 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

If the rumours of a fractured dressing room are true, this will seriously hinder us in attracting new  players  - they all talk to each other even if at different clubs and it won't take long for it to get about if we have a toxic situation behind the scenes.......

I don't think the problem is the players arguing with each other. I think some dislike Gerrard and are not happy with how he had treated some of the players. So you have a split where some will be on board with his tactics and others will not buy into it as they hate the man. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't think the problem is the players arguing with each other. I think some dislike Gerrard and are not happy with how he had treated some of the players. So you have a split where some will be on board with his tactics and others will not buy into it as they hate the man. 

You're most likely right, if the rumours of 'bomb squads' etc are true, it doesn't bode well. I still think there might be remnants of the captaincy debacle lurking in the background.....both Mings and McGinn are big characters, it would be natural if some players gravitated towards one or the other ?

In the same way that managers enquire into the character of prospective new players, it's only natural that players would ask anyone they knew, what the dressing room is like.

If we don't make any signings above and beyond what could be classed as cover, then I'm hoping it's a clear indication that Gerrard will soon be packing his bags.

Short gap to an international break, followed by the World Cup and prep for the January window, with a new manager and money to spend.

I don’t buy into the whole “we’re hoping for one or two things but it’s difficult” line.

Our last signing was 11th July. Gerrard had most of last season and all of pre-season to assess what he needs. He said we needed a number 8 weeks ago and yet still nothing, whilst our rivals have strengthened in that exact area.

We have made a right pigs ear of this window when it started so brightly.

Now we are likely to be scrabbling around for players that other teams don’t want.

Definitely a sure fire way to improve.