Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, trillvillan said:

Not a priority - but I'd love if we somehow would go after Aaron Wan-Bissaka... 

With a tactical mind of a new manager I could see utilizing Bissaka at CB in a 5 at the back and Cash as a RWB. The pace on that side... Reminds me a little of Kyle Walker in a sense. 

People are laughing at you but he is an excellent player if played correctly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, calcifer said:

Each manager has a preference, look at Gerrard, he doesn't play with wingers, so gets rid if most of them. Smith bought Emi and Bailey, yet Gerrard would rather play Coutinho ings and Watkins in the 3 forward places. 

New manager might want to play 5 at the back, or 3 up front.  So Gerrard could spend another 80M only for another manager to come in and they don't fit his style of play. 

We then go again....

OR we could just get managers who play a certain way from now on......

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Come on Villa spring a surprise and sign Danilo Oliveira from  Palmeiras as DM Or an exciting talent like Mykhaylo Mudryk from Shaktar as WF. Sort of moves Brighton make 

I was arrogantly told off on here for suggesting we try something similar because we are going for top 7 so cant afford to sign types that Brighton and Brentford do 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve never understood this line of thought. Surely you still buy good players, any new manager should be able to work with them 

Unless they are wingers and the new manager is Gerrard😛

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As someone who has been mocking people for being worried about the transfer window all summer.

I'm now officially worried about the transfer window 🤦🏿‍♂️

FWIW the squad is fine just need some actual coaching. We have one of the moat bloated squads in the league

• Like 1

OT but see PSG have signed Ruiz £20mill & Soler for £18mil for less than a half of what Chelsea wanna spunk on Anthony Gordon … 😂

On topic Diallo, Rafinha, or Sarabia from PSG oh Otavio… 

I’d say that isn’t an unrea… 🤣

Edited by thabucks

Been out most of the day, any credible links to CMs?

Surely Sanson and Luiz need to be replaced if both are leaving in next 48 hours? Hardly any depth in the two advanced midfield positions otherwise.

Last two months been a disaster of a transfer window with Gerrard constantly getting the big decisions wrong.

What T F is going on?!

I can’t lie, I’m really concerned and worried…

Time is running out and are we going to be left  with a severely weakened team & squad?

We need a squad and options as well as a good first XI, what options are we going to be left with to change things up or cover for injuries or suspensions?

We can’t weaken the midfield without bringing in better players… even if we have targets lined up, what if we fail to complete deals?

Everything around the club atm and noises coming from it are all so negative and concerning…

Again, what the hell is going on???

Not sure how Gerrard gets the blame for the transfer window. Aren’t transfers practically out of the manager’s hands these days?

Got to say this has been a disappointing window. Lack of investment when those who we are competing with are seriously strengthening. 

Just now, Jas10 said:

What T F is going on?!

I can’t lie, I’m really concerned and worried…

Time is running out and are we going to be left  with a severely weakened team & squad?

We need a squad and options as well as a good first XI, what options are we going to be left with to change things up or cover for injuries or suspensions?

We can’t weaken the midfield without bringing in better players… even if we have targets lined up, what if we fail to complete deals?

Everything around the club atm and noises coming from it are all so negative and concerning…

Again, what the hell is going on???

Yeah likewise. Last days of Lerner vibes. 

Just now, Spoony said:

Yeah likewise. Last days of Lerner vibes. 

We can’t afford to lose Luiz right now…

Plus, we’re such a poorer team without him in there.

Maybe this is all a precursor to some fabulous signings coming in and “we’ll be fine” but I don’t feel or imagine that at all… hope I’m wrong but time is flying…

all seems a bit F’d up atm…

SG OUT!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Not sure how Gerrard gets the blame for the transfer window. Aren’t transfers practically out of the manager’s hands these days?

Got to say this has been a disappointing window. Lack of investment when those who we are competing with are seriously strengthening. 

He has the final say. He decides who leaves and who he doesn’t want. He has final say on who is signed and who is overlooked or ignored…

He has decided to get rid of our wide players and create a bomb squad…

We can all see that the strategy has changed since he was appointed… he got his mate Phil in, signed an expensive LB on massive wages - both of them approaching the tail end of their career and will have no resale value…

His decision to send Hause out and make us lighter and weaker in the CB department, even though Carlos got injured…

If we end up with a weaker squad, he’s just as much to blame (if not more) than the recruitment department… I’m sure he’s overruled them on more than one occasion.

He’s been afforded too much control, luxury and allowances here, as well as a lot of leeway - I’ve had enough personally. He has done a terrible job and was such a poor appointment, made some terrible decisions.

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He gets some of the blame because he's made (very good) players unhappy through lack of game time?

Edited by Tom13