Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

At the start of the window I only wanted a new DM and a new CB, we got both so I can’t say this window has been dreadful as I think we got what we needed. That said, the window is still open, and things aren’t working on the pitch, we either need new people or we need to change the way we play with the people we have.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I don’t buy into the whole “we’re hoping for one or two things but it’s difficult” line.

Our last signing was 11th July. Gerrard had most of last season and all of pre-season to assess what he needs. He said we needed a number 8 weeks ago and yet still nothing, whilst our rivals have strengthened in that exact area.

We have made a right pigs ear of this window when it started so brightly.

Now we are likely to be scrabbling around for players that other teams don’t want.

Definitely a sure fire way to improve.

The club had had two years to sign a CDM and 'no 8'. 

• Like 1

Thought Lacroix would go to Leicester but they’ve just signed some Belgium defender called Wout Faes for £17mill… Him or Adbou Diallo and we are sorted at the back… 

Edited by thabucks

14 minutes ago, string28 said:

Sky saying wolves have offered a 3 year deal for dawson. so looks like we missed out on him. Plus west ham want bednarek. strange

Well looks like the lights could be off early at Villa Park. Really can't see anyone coming in now. Maybe the board don't want to give Slippy G any more money!? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Well looks like the lights could be off early at Villa Park. Really can't see anyone coming in now. Maybe the board don't want to give Slippy G any more money!? 

You could be right but it’s flawed logic if so, there’s gaps in the squad with the outgoings and injury to Carlos that even if they bin gerrard they are hindering the new man. Short sighted view if so 

Not a priority - but I'd love if we somehow would go after Aaron Wan-Bissaka... 

With a tactical mind of a new manager I could see utilizing Bissaka at CB in a 5 at the back and Cash as a RWB. The pace on that side... Reminds me a little of Kyle Walker in a sense. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Signing a Midfielder or a Forward won't fix anything. The problem is not lacking talented players it is the complete failure of the system Gerrard is forcing them to play. The players and fans know the system is the problem.

We are making two of our most talented attacking players in JJ and McGinn play as defenders while having the inferior attacking threat of the full backs be part of the attack

It's daft and opposition know how easy it is to defend and how easy it is to exploit 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

I’ve never understood this line of thought. Surely you still buy good players, any new manager should be able to work with them 

• Like 2