Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yes. 

You sack Dean Smith because you want better. You talk about Europe and the Hugh ambition the club has. 

Yet this summer has not made the squad miles stronger than last year. 

I don’t think Talent is the issue.

Honestly who’s squad would you prefer over ours?

Arsenal, Man City, Man United, Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham?

Maybe Crystal Palace and Newcastle United?

Who else? Tactics go a long way.

Craig Dawson has consistently been a below to average Premier League player.

Obviously looked very solid at West Ham but I’m always very wary of defensive players who have only looked good in very solid defensive-orientated teams.

Can’t help but think he’l get ruthlessly exposed with our wayward midfield, winger fullbacks and pushed up back line. 

If we just need bodies fine but think Chambers is the better player in our setup.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I hope this guy is joking, because it’s hilarious:

Otherwise, he’s delusional 🤣

Hes just having abit of fun in the midst of the dark clouds we find ourselves in 🫢.. its been a horrible august we need a laugh now and then.

we really not going all out to buy a monstrous CM and a reliable CB (loan) is everyone at this club blind. 

Just now, penguin said:

Craig Dawson has consistently been a below to average Premier League player.

Obviously looked very solid at West Ham but I’m always very wary of defensive players who have only looked good in very solid defensive-orientated teams.

Can’t help but think he’l get ruthlessly exposed with our wayward midfield, winger fullbacks and pushed up back line. 

If we just need bodies fine but think Chambers is the better player in our setup.

If he is injured and aging, whats the point? I dont get why we'd risk more defensive injuries

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I still feel like a midfielder will come in as Gerrard knows that it is causing so many issues.

If he doesn't rectify it he might as well hand his notice in now as it won't end well.

Dawson and Barkley it is then! 🥳

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I don’t think Talent is the issue.

Honestly who’s squad would you prefer over ours?

Arsenal, Man City, Man United, Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham?

Maybe Crystal Palace and Newcastle United?

Who else? Tactics go a long way.

Our squad lacks certain attributes in key areas. We have a midfield who can't retain possession or dispossess the opposition, lack of pace in forward areas and a lack of cover at CB and midfield (Sanson & Nakamba sent to the bomb squad and chuck sold to Chelsea). You could also argue that we lack a striker who can link up with the players behind him. 

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Europe is a pipe dream, and on the other hand we have plenty of talent to stay in the Prem... no more spending this window.

The mindset behind the decision means more to me.

If we pull the trigger on Gerrard now, then the new manager should have the opportunity to at least attempt a “key” acquisition this window.

But If we persist with him beyond the window I would be behind the fact he’s made his bed now and he either by some miracle turns it around or the funds get held in reserve for January, for either him or the replacement. 

It would be foolish to double down with significant expenditure on “Gerrard” players. Hence why having a football philosophy outside of the manager is so important, so you aren’t ripping up the flooring with every appointment.