Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol, have Brighton signed a striker yet?

Probably hoping one of the million ms of players they sign and loan back out for years on end will turn into a super striker. 

To be fair they have a pretty good track record of bringing unknowns through so who knows. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

See my follow up post. FFP is nonsense. 

It really isn't when it doesn't apply to certain teams but does to everyone else. How you can't see this I don't know.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

It really isn't when it doesn't apply to certain teams but does to everyone else. How you can't see this I don't know.

List the Premier League teams who've been docked points. 

I've just given two examples of breaches I'm sure there are more. 

It's unenforced and unenforceable. 

Dreamt this afternoon we signed Nicolò Zaniolo from Roma with Dougie going the other way and some €€€ … Make it so Don Lange (though likely Spuds bound)

Watching the highlights from training and the games so far we do seem to be passing quicker and switching play - the Boubar effect and think if we can supplement him with someone like Amadou Onana or Matheus Nunes were set. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Edit- Surely you can't put St. Maximin in for Newcastle. He's a wide player, no?

Yeah predominately. Played 11 games as centre forward though according to whoscored, presumably with Wilson out and before signed Wood.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Indigo said:

That's a funny way of spelling "I said I was right that we wouldn't sign any more players and then people pointed out that we literally had in the intervening period".

It’s a loan though, so, not really. And as I said previously, it’s certainly not what people were expecting or hoping for… until that changes, I remain correct. 

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Dreamt this afternoon we signed Nicolò Zaniolo from Roma with Dougie going the other way and some €€€ … Make it so Don Lange (though likely Spuds bound)

Watching the highlights from training and the games so far we do seem to be passing quicker and switching play - the Boubar effect and think if we can supplement him with someone like Amadou Onana or Matheus Nunes were set. 

done his cruciate twice in the last 2 seasons, has taken away some of his dynamism. He hasnt been very good in the league since returning

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

ITK.

Wow that would be a good signing for them.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol, have Brighton signed a striker yet?

Signed some Paraguayan 18yo for about £10m. Scored 11 in 14 in Paraguayan top tier this season before his move. No idea if he'll be any good in Prem.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

FFP is a cancer on football. It simply punishes small clubs (ie: those who cant afford to pay to get around it).

FFP needs to be permanently thrown in the trash where it belongs. A stupid idea, invented by morons, implemented by clowns.

There I feel better :)

spacer.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is about quality, not quantity, as we could also easily say we have 5 strikers. ( Ings, Ollie, Davis, Archer, Barry or Brad Young etc )

Our main problem has been our midfield for so long yet we are now wanting to chuck all our hopes on Kamara.

If he gets injured or suspended we are back to the same midfield we often moaned about .

What we have is too many MEH midfielders.

We need is another midfielder who is at least outstanding at one thing, or impressive all round.

On current evidence, the dropoff in quality from Kamara to our other " DMs " is massive.

Well we need to prioritise the No 8 CM position before another DM position, if we want sangare then we can sign him after 

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

FFP is a cancer on football. It simply punishes small clubs (ie: those who cant afford to pay to get around it).

FFP needs to be permanently thrown in the trash where it belongs. A stupid idea, invented by morons, implemented by clowns.

There I feel better :)

I totally agree. Also, I think it’s telling how many clubs have been in financial trouble since FFP started… what’s the point it it doesn’t actually stop the problem it’s meant to stop!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomsky_11 said:

Wow that would be a good signing for them.

Signed some Paraguayan 18yo for about £10m. Scored 11 in 14 in Paraguayan top tier this season before his move. No idea if he'll be any good in Prem.

They also purchased a Turkish striker last summer, Deniz Undav, who they sent on loan to the Belgian league and was the top scorer in the league with 25 goals. I think he'll be in the first team reckoning for them this season.

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

List the Premier League teams who've been docked points. 

I've just given two examples of breaches I'm sure there are more. 

It's unenforced and unenforceable. 

That's not the point I'm making essentially. Nobody has reached that point yet but you KNOW villa would be pulled up. A sky 6 team will be let off. The league want them to succeed at all costs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lingaard gone to Forest wtf?

Never saw that coming at all!

His wage demands were quite high from what I understand so seriously surprised 

£200k \ week or close to it.

Crazy but I guess not if he helps keep them up.

• Like 2

Wow Forest are having a terrible window imho.

11 signings plus what must be a crippling wage bill after Lingaard. How on earth are they going to gel?

We recruited better AND we had Grealish and barely stayed up.

Maybe Grabban knew something we didnt when he turned them down a few weeks ago.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

11 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Wow Forest are having a terrible window imho.

11 signings plus what must be a crippling wage bill after Lingaard. How on earth are they going to gel?

We recruited better AND we had Grealish and barely stayed up.

Maybe Grabban knew something we didnt when he turned them down a few weeks ago.

We will see, but to be brutally honest, on paper I would say forest's business is currently better than ours was when we got promoted.

Obviously, the season will tell us if I'm wrong.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2