Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

22 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Looks like we won't have the choice whether to post it or not.

These sort of tweets really piss me off.  I know it's irrational, but everyone knows why you're tweeting these things.  Don't get offended when your vague tweets get criticised.  That's part of the **** deal.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Football Manager legend

If I had it on the laptop rather than xbox I'd be setting up an editor game this weekend with all the free transfers 

Another FM great buy for villa has gone to lazio, CM Marcus Antonio from shakhtar, never actually seen him play but he's perfect for us on FM 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

These sort of tweets really piss me off.  I know it's irrational, but everyone knows why you're tweeting these things.  Don't get offended when your vague tweets get criticised.  That's part of the **** deal.

This.

You give people a load of shit and you will get a load of shit back from some of them.

Can't escape criticism unless you actually come up with specifics. Oh, and a track record like John Percy wouldn't hurt either.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If I had it on the laptop rather than xbox I'd be setting up an editor game this weekend with all the free transfers 

Another FM great buy for villa has gone to lazio, CM Marcus Antonio from shakhtar, never actually seen him play but he's perfect for us on FM 😂

I've tried to avoid playing it recently because i'll get super addicted, but with game pass I might have to get it after all of this talk! LOL to be honest there are a few players that I've never ever seen them play but I always sign them on FM because they are quality on there

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm all for the ITK garbage. Keep it coming. If nothing else it gets me on YouTube looking at players i've not heard of before :D 

This 

• Like 1

Getting impatient seeing no advanced talks or confirmed links but then you realise its super early in the window and theres two months left… its gonna be a longgggggg summer ! ☹️ 

im seeing rodrigo de paul’s name you guys stop! 😆 because if i start dreaming of the team with players like that in it and its not fair 😂

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Getting impatient seeing no advanced talks or confirmed links but then you realise its super early in the window and theres two months left… its gonna be a longgggggg summer ! ☹️ 

im seeing rodrigo de paul’s name you guys stop! 😆 because if i start dreaming of the team with players like that in it and its not fair 😂

I have a feeling we're gonna be hit with a surprise one that nobody has really mentioned like Danny Ings last year.

Lange will pull something out of the bag.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm all for the ITK garbage. Keep it coming. If nothing else it gets me on YouTube looking at players i've not heard of before :D 

I'm absolutely fine with the ITK stuff, it's harmless.

But them getting all "don't know why I bother" after being called out?  Nah, **** off.

9 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This all sounds like a massive backtrack.

It’s frustrating to see people fall for ITK nonsense 

Ah come on, this whole thread is nonsense - the real meat (or optional substitute) and gravy is in the player threads. Nothing more fun about the window than a random transfer rumour tweet to speculate on.

1*_hVbpPdAN9kyZAIhezPbNg.gif

40 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I bet it’s full of comments from desperate fans telling him how much they love him, to ignore the trolls, and please continue tweeting etc 😂 

16 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Sorry yes Lewis-Potter.

Good with both feet, good in the air, good awareness of players around him. Brentford sniffing at £20m

Completely different player to Archer

They sure like a £20m transfer fee don't they? :)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, dubliner said:

I have a feeling we're gonna be hit with a surprise one that nobody has really mentioned like Danny Ings last year.

Lange will pull something out of the bag.

Let's hope, if you are correct, that Lange's rabbit works a bit better than Ings has.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

As long as we do get another midfielder who can help out defensively, make us look after the ball better and add some physicality, I’m all for more signings of quality.

I just really really want Buendia’s place in the side to be more assured… we haven’t made the best use of his talents. He’s the most creative player we have and his workrate is immense.

A stronger midfield will allow our two South American no. 10s to thrive and express themselves… we will be so entertaining to watch and win more games.

We need the CF to be more clinical but a more consistent supply of genuine chances is only going to help… we will score more as well as defend better if we sort the balance of the side out. We have to be better in possession.

Sangare would be ideal, just pay the release clause before United do.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Richarlison now a good player, since it's not us getting him?

I reckon Conte has a decent eye. 60 mill though, bloody hell!

He's obviously happy to sit on a bench, count his money and wait to come on for the last 20 minutes after Son, Kane and Kulusevski, have done their stuff. Or has SG been door-stepping one of those three:D?  

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Agreed, balance is key, you need a mix of different elements or attributes.

Barca weren’t a team completely full of small or light players and the ones that were were supremely technically gifted - that can’t be said for many teams/players. We’re talking world class here.

Not every small player is as skilled and capable with the ball, and when under pressure, anywhere near as well as the likes of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi. It’s too simplified a view to say that they were a successful “small” team.

People seem to forget they had physical (and even tall) such as Busquets and Puyol, Pique, Abidal, Mascherano (warrior), Yaya Toure, Alves they weren’t all diminutive skilful players, there was some necessary steel/grit/physicality to help out too but again - supreme technical prowess… absolute top level.

They could get stuck in and fight when needed… no one ever watched the El Clasico’s for example? A lot of togetherness and team spirit as well as fight when needed too. Can’t be said for every team and there aren’t many players on their level, majority of them were world class. A fairly unique team. And it bloody well helps when you have Messi…

Anyway, I would love something similar 😆 The more skill and talent in the side the better imo, I want to be entertained, but balance is again key. We don’t want to be overrun and overpowered… I’m sick of seeing that and it is what has held us back (particularly against better opposition) for too long, particularly in midfield.

Some people have suggested a midfield of Otavio (if even interested), Ramsey and Kamara. That’s even more lightweight than it is now… we would be destroyed 🤣

We lack physicality…

Carlos is going to help in defence, but Kamara needs a hand in midfield and shouldn’t have to bear the burden of the midfield scrap and defensive responsibility… it’s unfair and almost a recipe for distaster with such a young player playing abroad for the first time in his career… we shouldn’t be taking such huge risks and putting him under so much pressure. He is class but let’s help him bring that out rather than make life more difficult for him…

When it comes to scrapping, McGinn tries… but it’s not enough and I don’t think he should ever be guaranteed a spot. He needs to improve in possession too. The whole side does…

I remember SG saying we lack steel and grit. I agree, let’s hope we fully address that now while keeping talent and skill in the side such as the likes of Coutinho and Buendia (START HIM! 😆).

My sentiments in a nutshell.

• Like 2