Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When I first saw this particular scene in The Young Ones I thought I was going to expire laughing.  I was just guffawing uncontrollably. 

Off topic but the best comedy show ever in my opinion 😜 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Prices are insane at the moment. Jesus, Raphinha and Richarlison all gone for amounts close to or above £50m and that’s before you factor in wages (Jesus reportedly on 250k a week). Phillips for £43m. Ward Prowse being priced at £75m etc.

We’re rich, but we can’t afford these sums on players because of FFP (obviously). I imagine our targets are all abroad and like others have said, we’re waiting for them to become available and actually push for a move. 

It’s frustrating. We also need to try and move a few on. Targett and Trez have gone. We could do with moving Davis, Traore, El Ghazi, Sanson, Guilbert and whoever else I’ve not mentioned on soon to free up some space. 
Im confident we’ll go big on another midfielder and a back up left back. It isn’t going to be enough to get us into Europe, but it should have us fighting closer to 9th/10th than 14th/15th. 

The deal for Jesus is a good one but I agree we need to find homes for a whole bunch of players.

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

It’s no bad thing that we can’t afford to compete with some of the other teams. We have done ok this window with what we have got. I know people get upset when I suggest that we are done because they want to have another signing etc etc, but the market is rediculous and it’s going to burst at some point.

If we do get someone in I reckon it will be right at the end of the window, and it will be a backup type player. 

More importantly, we have to get rid of some passengers. 

It is not going to burst the business deals and TV revenues will only grow and that is where the money comes from.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It is not going to burst the business deals and TV revenues will only grow and that is where the money comes from.

Especially as more,  and better international players are moving from other big leagues and teams, to the PL.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I agree we need some more steel I also have to mention that arguably the greatest club team of my generation was mainly full of what you’d probably call lightweights.

some lightweights is fine.....but its also a case of balance.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This all sounds like a massive backtrack.

It’s frustrating to see people fall for ITK nonsense 

It does, I don’t normally buy into it. But when he’s got tweets about Ings and chambers before they signed, who no one knew a thing about then he must know something 

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

It does, I don’t normally buy into it. But when he’s got tweets about Ings and chambers before they signed, who no one knew a thing about then he must know something 

Everyone rests on that he called these. I believe he only got the Ings one right because the odds randomly dropped loads the day before he signed. I remember someone mentioned it on here, before he signed.

but the last few weeks he’s been well wide of the mark and he’s getting more and more vague with what he’s saying, even trying to link to rumours to he’s stuff, despite how loose it is  

Edited by CarryOnVilla

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Everyone rests on that he called these. I believe he only got the Ings one right because the odds randomly dropped loads the day before he signed. I remember someone mentioned it on here, before he signed.

but the last few weeks he’s been well wide of the mark and he’s getting more and more vague with what he’s saying, even trying to link to rumours to he’s stuff, despite how loose it is  

Who knows to be fair, we’re feeding off scraps at the moment I think it’s a case of anything’s better than nothing. Funny he’s now said he’s stopping the account because of journos following. Tom Collomosse follows him  

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

JWP is probably beyond unrealistic now ain't he?

Was never bothered by him to be honest.

Incredible dead ball technique, but lacking in pretty much every other area. Nominal improvement on McGinn or Sanson IMO.

Sangare is definitely going somewhere this summer. The #1 PSV journalist who speaks for the club says we are/were interested. Believe he said Utd interested as well. I think we're in a hodgepodge of a few clubs fluttering eyelashes at him.

I think Kouadio Kone would be my first choice if we can now Doucoure has gone to Palace.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Who knows to be fair, we’re feeding off scraps at the moment I think it’s a case of anything’s better than nothing. Funny he’s now said he’s stopping the account because of journos following. Tom Collomosse follows him  

They love the attention.