Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

33 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Deeper? He’s primarily a winger. So play him instead of Cash?

He will? He’s played a CM a grand total of 17 times his entire career. Would be an expensive experiment to see if he could slot in as an 8 in the PL.

I don’t know if we’re even after him but if we are that’s where I think he’ll be played. His stats look like he could be perfect for it

It’s no bad thing that we can’t afford to compete with some of the other teams. We have done ok this window with what we have got. I know people get upset when I suggest that we are done because they want to have another signing etc etc, but the market is rediculous and it’s going to burst at some point.

If we do get someone in I reckon it will be right at the end of the window, and it will be a backup type player. 

More importantly, we have to get rid of some passengers. 

Edited by Tayls

49 minutes ago, villaglint said:

So if we believe the ITK guy on Twitter who said we were in for Richarlison and Jesus. 

We missed out on both players to clubs above us in the pecking order. 

Q is who is 3rd on that list? If he’s to be believed it suggests we are trying to drop a sizeable sum on a forward this summer. 

Who are other names that could be in contention? 

He said we were in for brazil, Argentina and French internationals. And made out yesterday that the brazil was Otavio. 

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Prices are insane at the moment. Jesus, Raphinha and Richarlison all gone for amounts close to or above £50m and that’s before you factor in wages (Jesus reportedly on 250k a week). Phillips for £43m. Ward Prowse being priced at £75m etc.

We’re rich, but we can’t afford these sums on players because of FFP (obviously). I imagine our targets are all abroad and like others have said, we’re waiting for them to become available and actually push for a move. 

It’s frustrating. We also need to try and move a few on. Targett and Trez have gone. We could do with moving Davis, Traore, El Ghazi, Sanson, Guilbert and whoever else I’ve not mentioned on soon to free up some space. 
Im confident we’ll go big on another midfielder and a back up left back. It isn’t going to be enough to get us into Europe, but it should have us fighting closer to 9th/10th than 14th/15th. 

This is why our youth system is so vital to us. Its the only way we could possibly compete., by either bringing them through and thus not having to pay a transfer fee,  or selling them on and gaining 100 percent of the profit under FFP rules  . The game is rigged. . 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t know if we’re even after him but if we are that’s where I think he’ll be played. His stats look like he could be perfect for it

Based on what? He doesn’t play there for Porto, and doesn’t play there for Portugal. He plays in a front 3 or on the wing. 

I mean, he might be versatile enough to be converted to an #8, but are we going to pay €30-40m to find out? 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bloody hell guendouzi is leaving for 10m too. And some of our fans expect 10m for players like Trez and Davis 😂 

Prices are different for PL sides though.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I agree we need some more steel I also have to mention that arguably the greatest club team of my generation was mainly full of what you’d probably call lightweights.

Tony Pulis Stoke?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He said we were in for brazil, Argentina and French internationals. And made out yesterday that the brazil was Otavio. 

Not really speculating about his ITK credentials but just wondering for fun, who our next targets might be. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People don't get " upset ".

They rubbish the notion because there are TWO MONTHS left in the transfer window, and there is no indication whatsapever from the club that we are done.

The club know where we are deficient and have set the stall out to improve.

People close to the club also suggest the total opposite.

The point is that your " opinion " seems to merely be based on impatience and/or panic.

Usually surrounding another team signing a player.

If we were further down the line, there might be more validity.

My opinion is based on attempting to read the current situation. We may have tried to sign some of these players, but have failed to land them. It happens. 
We have signed some good players already, players that other teams were probably looking at. 

I have said a few times that we can go with what we have and will probably be fine, so I’d say i’m quite the opposite to panicking.

I’ve even asked the question of whether we actually need to sign anyone else. Instead people just call me a troll and put laughing emojis against the post before stating that we are going to spend another 300 billion on new players. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Based on what? He doesn’t play there for Porto, and doesn’t play there for Portugal. He plays in a front 3 or on the wing. 

I mean, he might be versatile enough to be converted to an #8, but are we going to pay €30-40m to find out? 

Based on that basically

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Based on that basically

I see. I don’t see us signing a player for £30m to see if he might be able to play in a position he doesn’t play, in a league he’s never played in. We’re rich, but not that rich.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

Well Well Well, Just shows these two know nothing and are just guessing for attention. Only ITK I trust are Percy and Tom Collomosse 

Im just sticking to Fabrizio these days 😂