Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Was never bothered by him to be honest.

Incredible dead ball technique, but lacking in pretty much every other area. Nominal improvement on McGinn or Sanson IMO.

Sangare is definitely going somewhere this summer. The #1 PSV journalist who speaks for the club says we are/were interested. Believe he said Utd interested as well. I think we're in a hodgepodge of a few clubs fluttering eyelashes at him.

I think Kouadio Kone would be my first choice if we can now Doucoure has gone to Palace.

I think we’ll be after Sangare, given Gerrard went to watch PSV

2 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

More cryptic info for us to enjoy

"I can't say anything" says the person who created a Twitter account to say things. Please stop posting anything from this know nothing attention seeker.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

"I can't say anything" says the person who created a Twitter account to say things. Please stop posting anything from this know nothing attention seeker.

Again he’s had some info in the past that’s the only reason I give his tweets any attention

7 hours ago, TRO said:

some lightweights is fine.....but its also a case of balance.

Agreed, balance is key, you need a mix of different elements or attributes.

Barca weren’t a team completely full of small or light players and the ones that were were supremely technically gifted - that can’t be said for many teams/players. We’re talking world class here.

Not every small player is as skilled and capable with the ball, and when under pressure, anywhere near as well as the likes of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi. It’s too simplified a view to say that they were a successful “small” team.

People seem to forget they had physical (and even tall) such as Busquets and Puyol, Pique, Abidal, Mascherano (warrior), Yaya Toure, Alves they weren’t all diminutive skilful players, there was some necessary steel/grit/physicality to help out too but again - supreme technical prowess… absolute top level.

They could get stuck in and fight when needed… no one ever watched the El Clasico’s for example? A lot of togetherness and team spirit as well as fight when needed too. Can’t be said for every team and there aren’t many players on their level, majority of them were world class. A fairly unique team. And it bloody well helps when you have Messi…

Anyway, I would love something similar 😆 The more skill and talent in the side the better imo, I want to be entertained, but balance is again key. We don’t want to be overrun and overpowered… I’m sick of seeing that and it is what has held us back (particularly against better opposition) for too long, particularly in midfield.

Some people have suggested a midfield of Otavio (if even interested), Ramsey and Kamara. That’s even more lightweight than it is now… we would be destroyed 🤣

We lack physicality…

Carlos is going to help in defence, but Kamara needs a hand in midfield and shouldn’t have to bear the burden of the midfield scrap and defensive responsibility… it’s unfair and almost a recipe for distaster with such a young player playing abroad for the first time in his career… we shouldn’t be taking such huge risks and putting him under so much pressure. He is class but let’s help him bring that out rather than make life more difficult for him…

When it comes to scrapping, McGinn tries… but it’s not enough and I don’t think he should ever be guaranteed a spot. He needs to improve in possession too. The whole side does…

I remember SG saying we lack steel and grit. I agree, let’s hope we fully address that now while keeping talent and skill in the side such as the likes of Coutinho and Buendia (START HIM! 😆).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Probably nonsense as usual…

But I’m thinking 

Milinkovic Savic 😮

“Ambition off the scale?” Hmmm

It’s bullshit anyway but if there’s even an iota of truth in this… that lines up 😆

5 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

It's the standard tactic, be vague about a prediction so if anything comes off you can then loosely tie it back to something you said earlier. 

In the betting world, horse racing betting in particular. You get people who say xxx has a great chance today and yyy looks over prices and would be good value. When the race is over all events you can claim credit for. If they lost you can say, dodged one there the price wasn't right so glad I didn't bet. If one of them wins or places you can say. Boom, get in knew he was a bet today hope others followed me in. 

So these people are very easy to spot. This guy who only talks cryptic is the exact same. People who have information are 99.99% journalists and say say AVFC have bid for yyy etc.. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

But I’m thinking 

Milinkovic Savic 😮

It’s bullshit anyway but if there’s even an iota of truth in this… that lines up 😆

It's 1000000000000000% bullshit. Every tweet he can go back on as he's never said anything in any of them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

But I’m thinking 

Milinkovic Savic 😮

There was a couple more, in case of interest.

Whether you believe him or not what else is the summer window for than speculation about possible ITK! 

Embrace the madness I say. 

Don't think Milenkovic-Savic would be a Ten Haag style player, last thing they need to do is replace Pogba with another maverick. 

No idea who we'd be competing against them for though?

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Whether you believe him or not what else is the summer window for than speculation about possible ITK! 

Embrace the madness I say. 

Don't think Milenkovic-Savic would be a Ten Haag style player, last think they need to do is replace Pogba with another maverick. 

No idea who we'd be competing against them for though?

Sangare?

• Like 1

Tolisso gone to Lyon. Contract until 2027. I don't know how much of an effect his injuries have had but he was one that I would have liked to have seen here. Even if he got back to somewhere close to what he was then he would be class.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

Imagine being that starved for attention you create a fake ITK on Twitter

That's most of Twitter.

People are starved for attention and write stuff that they think others care about in order to get kudos and likes. 

The entire social media model is built on self appreciation. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's most of Twitter.

People are starved for attention and write stuff that they think others care about in order to get kudos and likes. 

The entire social media model is built on self appreciation. 

More like public personal pleasuring. Sorry for the alliteration.