Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Yes. Shut us down.

I can't believe we haven't spent eleventy billion quid today on 9 new players. 

What is even the point of Villa. Just liquidate the club. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

35 Million net Spend in the last 2 seasons. With Davis, Trez, El Ghazi, Luiz, Sanson possibly going it could be 0 net spend.

Should we be worried?

Absolutely. With only 2 months of the window left before it slams shut we are quickly running out of time.

We can barely put out a starting 11 unless we field of team of players over the age of 14.

Total disaster. Close the club, sell up, and put us out of our misery.

Everybody OUT!!!!!

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yes. Shut us down.

I can't believe we haven't spent eleventy billion quid today on 9 new players. 

What is even the point of Villa. Just liquidate the club. 

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Absolutely. With only 2 months of the window left before it slams shut we are quickly running out of time.

We can barely put out a starting 11 unless we field of team of players over the age of 14.

Total disaster. Close the club, sell up, and put us out of our misery.

Everybody OUT!!!!!

Bit harsh, i'm just gonna be patience as always. 30-40million Number 8 and a LB backup and I'd be happy

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think a lot of the Otavio noise is coming off this account. What’s interesting is she’s shared a tweet from April last year where she basically announced grealish to city. 

Grimes is pretty spot on, usually. She's not a journalist, but works in the industry (on the legal side I think). She tends to call it before the main outlets as she's ITK but because of that things can change between say an enquiry and a transfer actually happening. She strikes me as pretty legit rather than attention seeking.

7 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

Grimes is pretty spot on, usually. She's not a journalist, but works in the industry (on the legal side I think). She tends to call it before the main outlets as she's ITK but because of that things can change between say an enquiry and a transfer actually happening. She strikes me as pretty legit rather than attention seeking.

She may be legit, but I can't think of a reason other than attention seeking to post any of it online.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

1- Playing more in the defensive third doesn't necessarily make it harder to make progressive passes. In fact, some people argue that it actually makes it easier because you would presumably have more options to pass forward to than if you were playing further forward yourself. 

However, the way fbref calculates progressive passes means it ignores passes if it's from too far back so the effect is somewhat complicated.

2- I have a good feeling why Luiz had a higher metric in the first season with us. Mcginn was injured for large parts of that season meaning he naturally had to take on some of his responsibilities in progressing the ball forward.

If so, it may be true that Luiz is capable of being more progressive, but he simply isn't instructed to be. Rather his role is more to play safer passes whilst the likes of Mcginn and Ramsey take more risks. Another reason why stats can be misleading, we don't definitively know what the specific roles these players were given.

Yes I agree, the intention of my post was to show data that highlights exactly those things, he’s shown better progressive numbers when tasked with a different role under a different manager, despite predominantly operating deeper it would seem, which as previously mentioned probably skews progression numbers negatively on fbref.

48 minutes ago, messi11 said:

35 Million net Spend in the last 2 seasons. With Davis, Trez, El Ghazi, Luiz, Sanson possibly going it could be 0 net spend.

Should we be worried?

Less worried than if we were Everton. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

If you are posting on social media and gloating about it, then you are attention seeking. 

41 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

She may be legit, but I can't think of a reason other than attention seeking to post any of it online.

Altruism? She often mentions that she doesn't want and has declined the chance to have a blue tick/twitter verification, so possibly that. There are some good guys out there... 

6 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

Altruism? She often mentions that she doesn't want and has declined the chance to have a blue tick/twitter verification, so possibly that. There are some good guys out there... 

isn’t she a girl? 😉

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

isn’t she a girl? 😉

Aha! Without changing the subject too much, I think guys is more of a gender neutral term now. Loads of girls I know call others guys now, but I know it's a grey area.

Anyway, back on topic, Otavio is just what we need! 

22 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Here he is…

5 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think a lot of the Otavio noise is coming off this account. What’s interesting is she’s shared a tweet from April last year where she basically announced grealish to city. 

Well Well Well, Just shows these two know nothing and are just guessing for attention. Only ITK I trust are Percy and Tom Collomosse 

15 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

Aha! Without changing the subject too much, I think guys is more of a gender neutral term now. Loads of girls I know call others guys now, but I know it's a grey area.

Anyway, back on topic, Otavio is just what we need! 

He is? But we already have Coutinho and Buendia.