Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It would, which would be a real shame.

Gerrard made plenty of errors with team selection, tactics, subs last season. Basically everything except press conferences. I'm hoping he's assessed and improved over the summer.

We’ll play exactly the same way next season.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’ll play exactly the same way next season.

With Kamara and Carlos coming in i think we will play more the way he wanted to when he first came in November. I think he quickly realised we didnt have the ability to retain possession and so made the most of our midfields attributes( but there is a case to say he didnt make the most of them. ) 

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Rennes I presume will get cut of Raphinha fee when he moves. I'd certainly be offering Gulibert to them.

Rennes club captain is the right back, not sure he would be looking to join a club he wont be a guaranteed starter

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rennes club captain is the right back, not sure he would be looking to join a club he wont be a guaranteed starter

Are they in CL again, I'm sure he'd rather go back home as squad played for team in european competition than just be back up here.

Rennes will get 10m or so if they have 20% sell on clause so they'll have some money to play with.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Are they in CL again, I'm sure he'd rather go back home as squad played for team in european competition than just be back up here.

Rennes will get 10m or so if they have 20% sell on clause so they'll have some money to play with.

no just the Eurppa League

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

The gap between the top 7 and the rest of the league is becoming untenable now with chelsea,spurs and arsenal Strengthening , Man city and Liverpool will have shot off into the stratosphere with there acquisitions and the likes of newcastle and leeds are signing some decent players.I think we will struggle for a top 10 finish.

Not too interested close season but who have Leeds signed ?

The gap between the top 7 and the rest of the league is becoming untenable now with chelsea,spurs and arsenal Strengthening , Man city and Liverpool will have shot off into the stratosphere with there acquisitions and the likes of newcastle and leeds are signing some decent players.I think we will struggle for a top 10 finish.

I’d say top 6 is nailed. 7th you’re fighting west ham and Leicester. 9th and 10th is anyones. And if we don’t finish at least tenth Gerrard goes, assuming we don’t have any major injures. And I expect us to finish top 10, we have the squad 

• Like 2

Don’t think our signings have been to shabby myself. Leeds have lost their two best players and have signed average players with no Prem experience. Newcastle according to their deluded fans now have the best back five outside the top two ffs. Funny how not one of them is a current international and Targett was our backup fb

• Like 1

Verified Account so....

Web Translation: Galatasaray is in the signing phase of the first midfield transfer! #Galatasaray has reached the final stage in the transfer of 27-year-old French midfielder Morgan Sanson, who plays for Aston Villa.

Edited by Wes

Leeds, a team noted for leaking record amount of goals, losing their two best players and signing untested players. They aren't going to be anywhere near the top 10. That's a team that will struggle once again with a small squad and terrible defence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wes said:

Verified Account so....

Web Translation: Galatasaray is in the signing phase of the first midfield transfer! #Galatasaray has reached the final stage in the transfer of 27-year-old French midfielder Morgan Sanson, who plays for Aston Villa.

That picture sums up his time here.

Won't be surprised to see him back in the Champions League before we get near Europe.

Why are a few people thinking Leeds doing something?  They are generally, at best, an average bunch of players with a couple of stars who are leaving this summer in Phillips and Raphinha.  Not massively impressed with the manager, the couple of players they have signed are meh and untested in this league so they have so far, gone further backwards squad wise than last season when they only just avoided relegation.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’d say top 6 is nailed. 7th you’re fighting west ham and Leicester. 9th and 10th is anyones. And if we don’t finish at least tenth Gerrard goes, assuming we don’t have any major injures. And I expect us to finish top 10, we have the squad 

If we can iron out the kinks. Have more of a spin and work on our finishing, I think we are more than capable. And we’ve got a lot of exciting young players to integrate with five subs. If we don’t sell the likes of Bailey and others we have some great options if they stay fit. 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder if we could get both Cunha and Otavio..

We wont neither bang average and wont elevate our squad imo … cunha wont be going liverpool either hes nowhere near good enough 

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Won't be surprised to see him back in the Champions League before we get near Europe.

Well he’ll be in it this season if he’s going to Galatasaray

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I can see him going and doing well to be fair. Shame.

Some players, just don't work out at certain clubs. Right Player, wrong time, wrong team, wrong system, wrong Managers, unfortunately times injuries etc etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Leeds, a team noted for leaking record amount of goals, losing their two best players and signing untested players. They aren't going to be anywhere near the top 10. That's a team that will struggle once again with a small squad and terrible defence.

**** good ones though.

Going for Cody Gakpo now.

Might end up like Palace who also signed a load of very good, but untested players, and finished above us. Might go down, who knows!

I expect we're waiting on the answers for some very good players with things starting to get going now.