Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Roma still sniffing around Frattesi.

I'd be surprised if both Luiz and Carney leave on a free next summer. I think we'll do it with one of them, but really try and force a sale this summer with the other. Someone will get a bargain price.

I would love to see Ramsey and Davide Frattesi in the same team for us. Would be so much fun. Alas, I think an Italian player wont find it as easy to settle in the club right now as it would a Portuguese/French/Spanish speaking player due to the pre-existing presence of those languages within the squad currently.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wes said:

I would love to see Ramsey and Davide Frattesi in the same team for us. Would be so much fun. Alas, I think an Italian player wont find it as easy to settle in the club right now as it would a Portuguese/French/Spanish speaking player due to the pre-existing presence of those languages within the squad currently.

Coutinho played for Inter so I would assume speaks Italian.  So did Young, and Olson played for Roma, but not sure how fluent they would be in Italian.

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Coutinho played for Inter so I would assume speaks Italian.  So did Young, and Olson played for Roma, but not sure how fluent they would be in Italian.

Digne played for Roma too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In all honesty, it would be quite stupid of Chelsea to sell Gallagher. The kid has a very high ceiling.

However as noted I suspect the fact that he has had so much game time and is now highly coveted, could potentially force an issue.

At best I think they would send him back out on loan, but from their perspective he could be very useful.

I'm hoping Chelsea will continue to be stupid and I'm sure he can find the money to have it lowered:)

This ceiling Is too damn high - Jimmy McMillan - quickmeme

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Doesn't look from the stats on fbref like there's much in it between Carlos and Botman. Botman has aerial advantage, probably helps he's 4" taller.

Smarterscout ratings benchmarked for Prem look like this:

image.png.6c965eecc21862db9ba635f9772ff443.png

He’s also 7 years younger 

Let's talk about realistic transfers out:

Targett-15 mill - gone

Trez- 3-4 mill nearly gone

Anwar?? Dead quiet on him and he 100% needs to go. I'd accept 3-5 mill. 

Keinan - Can see a late move in the window, hopefully around 8 Mill. 

Sanson - maybe out the door to Gala? 5 mill sounds to cheap. 10 Mill or we keep/loan him. 

Hause - 5th choice now unless we are playing 3 at the back surely his time is up. Honestly think he's worth 8-10 Mill and would be a good buy for Any promoted side. 

Douglas - The big mystery, does he want to leave or stay or does Villa want rid?? I'd take 15-18mill for him. 

Just now, est1874 said:

Sorry to state the obvious but

Shouldn't we be busily trying to sign a goalscorer?

I dont think we have any interest in a striker this summer, Ings or Watkins will have to go to bring in a new striker

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I dont think we have any interest in a striker this summer, Ings or Watkins will have to go to bring in a new striker

I’d be surprised if we weren’t looking for a striker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I don't see us bringing a striker in either. Think they will try and get Watkins and Ings to work, and possibly keep Archer. Which i'm pretty happy with. 

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, Zatman said:

And that worries me tbh.

We're essentially banking on Ings having a much better season than last year, when I think he's probably on the decline in many important ways as an athlete.

Ollie for me is never going to be clinical enough for his, his performances in multiple one-v-one situations last season was just abysmal and too worrying to ever bank on big numbers from him.

IMO we should be prioritizing a #9. Appreciate that means selling either Ollie or Ings but I'm sure we'd find a grateful taker.

• Like 2

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yeah I don't see us bringing a striker in either. Think they will try and get Watkins and Gerrard to work, and possibly keep Archer. Which i'm pretty happy with. 

Gerrard = player/manager?

1861DF51-AF30-477C-99FE-0CD8E98925ED.jpeg

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

FACfqAuVcAg33xJ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

already got him.  He’ll be ripe in a year or two 

Can't count on that. He looks a player, but Premier League makes mincemeat of many young talents, and we've been burned before. It's a huge step up from performing in Carling Cup and Championship to leading the line for Villa in the Premier League.

Just now, est1874 said:

And that worries me tbh.

We're essentially banking on Ings having a much better season than last year, when I think he's probably on the decline in many important ways as an athlete.

Ollie for me is never going to be clinical enough for his, his performances in multiple one-v-one situations last season was just abysmal and too worrying to ever bank on big numbers from him.

IMO we should be prioritizing a #9. Appreciate that means selling either Ollie or Ings but I'm sure we'd find a grateful taker.

I’m not concerned, if the right striker is available we will go after them.  I believe they will be hunting that striker and it maybe a surprise that fans haven’t thought of or who we never considered.  Just because fans can’t think of one doesn’t mean anything.