Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I’m clinging on to anything at this point 😂

1 minute ago, Wes said:

Some murmurs that Atletico Madrid need to sell, and rapidly. I would not be surprised if their 21yo left back Manu Sanchez is on our shortlist for that backup position behind Digne. Not as highly rated as Sergio Gomez I would say, but still could be a good understudy.

Might see some links thrown together with the likes of Thomas Lemar to Premier League sides too as he only has a year left on his contract.

Cunha has the same agent as Diego Carlos.

It's Happening! - GIF on Imgur

Matheus Cunha only joined them last summer. Would be really bizarre if they sold after just one year.

There has been talk that Morata would be moving to Atletico Madrid this summer,. I thought with Sanchez going to River Plate it would be to replace him. If they are in dire financial trouble, can see them selling Cunha and bringing in Morata (who is available on a free) to help in the short term.... maybe? Interesting situation for sure.

There would be an awful lot of competition for him though.

1 minute ago, Wes said:

Matheus Cunha only joined them last summer. Would be really bizarre if they sold after just one year.

Same with Rodrigo De Paul, but it seems he's very much available, as is Joao Felix according to some. Seems that if you're going out there and trying to score goals, Simeone doesn't want you 😂

38 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Wijnaldum would be a really good shout. He knows Gerrard from his time at Liverpool. More importantly Stevie G knows where he lives so let's hope he will be inviting himself over for a cupper and 'pulling' Wijnaldum off for afters. 

Never played together at Liverpool 

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Burnley has just signed Luke McNally a centre back from Oxford United, could that mean that Nathan Collins be on the move to us possibly? I’m clutching at straws 

Lost Tarkowski and Mee is nearly finished

7 minutes ago, Wes said:

There has been talk that Morata would be moving to Atletico Madrid this summer,. I thought with Sanchez going to River Plate it would be to replace him. If they are in dire financial trouble, can see them selling Cunha and bringing in Morata (who is available on a free) to help in the short term.... maybe? Interesting situation for sure.

There would be an awful lot of competition for him though.

Morata loan is over so has returned before his next FFP loan. Maybe a 2 year stint at PSG is next

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought I was being a bit hopeful 

So a Tweet claiming we aren't after anymore CB's this window,

However, like you, I really think Collins is one someone should try to snap up before he becomes too expensive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So a Tweet claiming we aren't after anymore CB's this window,

However, like you, I really think Collins is one someone should try to snap up before he becomes too expensive.

I really rate him too, whoever he ends up at he’ll be a success but with us already signing Diego Carlos, centre back is less of a pressing issue

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Tifo’s Sensible Transfers: Aston Villa – seeking a safe haven for the ball in midfield - The Athletic

Seems he's available for loan as he has 2 years left at PSG on big wages. I think we should be in the mix for him as we can give him guarantees on playing time he won't get at Champions League clubs and his preference is for a return to the Premier League.

I think they mentioned Kampl as well. Whatever on the specific players suggested, fully agree with them that a player with that main skillset is exactly what Villa should be targeting in a midfielder. Neither Ramsey nor McGinn do and Kamara can't do it all on his own in midfield.

38 minutes ago, Wes said:

Some murmurs that Atletico Madrid need to sell, and rapidly. I would not be surprised if their 21yo left back Manu Sanchez is on our shortlist for that backup position behind Digne. Not as highly rated as Sergio Gomez I would say, but still could be a good understudy.

Might see some links thrown together with the likes of Thomas Lemar to Premier League sides too as he only has a year left on his contract.

Atletico Madrid are struggling with wage budget issues | Marca

Atletico Madrid are on the limit when it comes to their accounts as they are struggling to offload expensive wages.

Many won't understand this after 10 consecutive years of playing in the Champions League, a competition that distributes the most money and in which Atletico usually surpass the 70 million euro mark in annual income.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Me after last Wednesday...

YARN | You're a fake and a phoney. I wish I'd never laid eyes on you. |  Grease | Video gifs by quotes | e53d1339 | 紗

Me after seeing this countdown clock

So Excited And So Scared GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'm thinking about the interesting implications of imagining oneself as an attractive, besotted young woman who has a lot of extreme football things on the brain. At the same time, I also keep trying to work out what happens if the transfer market becomes John Travolta.    

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, Indigo said:

I think they mentioned Kampl as well. Whatever on the specific players suggested, fully agree with them that a player with that main skillset is exactly what Villa should be targeting in a midfielder. Neither Ramsey nor McGinn do and Kamara can't do it all on his own in midfield.

Yeah we need a player who is as good at Wijnaldum with retaining possession as the difference between say Wijnaldum and McGinn is significant when it comes to keeping it simple and passing accuracy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

And they won one of them finals, and beaten in the other by a team that got further than them in the CL the following season. 

Rice is extremely overrated.

so Rice and Soucek have been given the bums rush on here ,in some quarters......but managed to control games, and dominate the ball.....that they have won against us.

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah we need a player who is as good at Wijnaldum with retaining possession as the difference between say Wijnaldum and McGinn is significant when it comes to keeping it simple and passing accuracy. 

The problem with wijnaldum for me is he’s not good defensively, we need someone good in possession and who puts a shift in defensively