Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Relative to what he was probably on when playing for Marseille. 

I'm sure his wages are fine for a club in France to cover if on loan. We could hopefully get a Loan fee too

52 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just checking in and I see you're all arguing about which podcast you like, so I'm taking that as literally nothing is happening.

We are buying a podcast 😉

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Hopefully we're not fudging the 8 CM issue now.

Bit worried we missed out on Bentancur in Jan, also bid for Bissouma that month and linked a bit with Kalvin Phillips and Gerrard will just conclude he'll stick with existing options now Kamara is in.

I think that's a big error for a few reasons unless Luiz and Carney sort their contracts out and even then it dosen't really feel good enough if we want to seriously challenge for europe.

Kamara isnt a number 8 neither is bentancur well they may play there now and then but their original position would be number 6 holding. We need a balanced CM asap 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Oh, so you didn’t see the countdown timer then?

How could I forget!

Thanks for the heads up, I've filled in my request for annual leave for tomorrow now so you'd best not let me down.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We need to move Hause out on Loan really as we've improved on him by signing Carlos.

Cue the "we haven't bought him to replace Hause. A 30 million CB will be starting" posts.

11 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Cue the "we haven't bought him to replace Hause. A 30 million CB will be starting" posts.

Indeed. We should get some of those posts later in the evening.

Stated agenda of the club is to sign first team players as as one of the current first team players now becomes a squad player. Or however you want to word it

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Stupidest rubbish false rumours so far:

Selling Mings to Newcastle

Selling Luiz to Newcastle

Selling Buendia to buy Gallagher

I would like Conor Gallagher… the rest of the rumour can get f*****d

• Haha 1

Tifo’s Sensible Transfers: Aston Villa – seeking a safe haven for the ball in midfield - The Athletic

Our focus, though, is going to be on rounding off the midfield. Kamara will become the deepest player in that unit and he’s the kind of press-resistant passer required in that role. Either side of him, Jacob Ramsey and John McGinn will be the No 8s, with Douglas Luiz another likely to leave the club and Morgan Sanson still a bit of an odd man out.

Ball-security would be a nice addition to that group. Ramsey is a phenomenal player in the making and he’ll drive Villa forward with the ball at his feet. There’s also plenty of creativity and ambition ahead of him, with Philippe Coutinho and Emi Buendia. But we’re after a safe haven; someone who can start in, or support the midfield, and improve its passing quality — with any other attributes a welcome bonus.

Depending on how ambitious the owners are willing to be, they could take advantage of Georginio Wijnaldum’s tenuous situation at Paris Saint-Germain. PSG are embarking upon a technical and cultural reset at the moment and Wijnaldum, who’ll turn 32 later this year, might be a victim of that.

Using smarterscout data, which gives players a rating from 0-99, relating to either how often they do a given action compared with others playing in their position (such as the ball recoveries and interceptions), or how effective they are (such as how well they progress the ball upfield) we can look at Wijnaldum’s quality in each metric.

It would be hard to argue with that option: his passing is conservative but reliable, keeping it secure at an exceptional rate (93, as shown in the char below) but also able to move it forwards and link-up quickly with forwards (95) and he possesses a 90 per cent+ completion rate across short and medium distances and in the mid-80 per cent over longer range. He makes an attacking contribution too with his receptions in the opposition box (the blue bars below), so would be eminently sensible.  

Seems he's available for loan as he has 2 years left at PSG on big wages. I think we should be in the mix for him as we can give him guarantees on playing time he won't get at Champions League clubs and his preference is for a return to the Premier League.

Edited by CVByrne

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Tifo’s Sensible Transfers: Aston Villa – seeking a safe haven for the ball in midfield - The Athletic

Seems he's available for loan as he has 2 years left at PSG on big wages. I think we should be in the mix for him as we can give him guarantees on playing time he won't get at Champions League clubs and his preference is for a return to the Premier League.

Wijnaldum would be a really good shout. He knows Gerrard from his time at Liverpool. More importantly Stevie G knows where he lives so let's hope he will be inviting himself over for a cupper and 'pulling' Wijnaldum off for afters. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Wijnaldum would be a really good shout. He knows Gerrard from his time at Liverpool. More importantly Stevie G knows where he lives so let's hope he will be inviting himself over for a cupper and 'pulling' Wijnaldum off for afters. 

Blimey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Not what we need 

43C9490C-A714-4819-9AC1-E9AD561B5ED1.jpeg

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

I’m clinging on to anything at this point 😂

Some murmurs that Atletico Madrid need to sell, and rapidly. I would not be surprised if their 21yo left back Manu Sanchez is on our shortlist for that backup position behind Digne. Not as highly rated as Sergio Gomez I would say, but still could be a good understudy.

Might see some links thrown together with the likes of Thomas Lemar to Premier League sides too as he only has a year left on his contract.

• Like 1