Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

35 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Newcastle according to their deluded fans now have the best back five outside the top two ffs. Funny how not one of them is a current international and Targett was our backup fb

Lol. Not seen any of Botman but assume he’d be the only one with any chance of getting into our first xi.

Not sure their back five is even top 10 in the league.

7 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I have no idea why this didn't work out. Baffling. He always seemed good when playing. Shit trainer, shit attitude? 

No idea.

Looked like had the attributes to work but didn’t really do much the few opportunities he had under Gerrard and made costly errors. Injuries obviously didn’t help. Think we are moving beyond him now. He doesn’t get near the first xi with Ramsey stepping up and we could still improve the midfield before the window closes.

52 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Don’t think our signings have been to shabby myself. Leeds have lost their two best players and have signed average players with no Prem experience. Newcastle according to their deluded fans now have the best back five outside the top two ffs. Funny how not one of them is a current international and Targett was our backup fb

Trippier started 2 of the last 3 England games

2 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Lol. Not seen any of Botman but assume he’d be the only one with any chance of getting into our first xi.

Not sure their back five is even top 10 in the league.

Botman would be a better signing than any of our centre backs.

Pre season rapidly approaching. We are struggling to shift our unwanted players (as usual) and if we really want to push on we need another midfield upgrade and back up LB in my view. Hope things speed up again - although we have done very well to get players in early. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Pre season rapidly approaching. We are struggling to shift our unwanted players (as usual) and if we really want to push on we need another midfield upgrade and back up LB in my view. Hope things speed up again - although we have done very well to get players in early. 

Lots of teams aren’t even back for preseason training so there’s plenty of time to shift players on and recruit others in.

Just because we managed to secure four players very quickly doesn’t mean we can’t get players out the door.

We clearly had an initial transfer game plan and executed it well. I’m confident we’ll get what we require before the season starts, let alone the end of the window. 

I’d be worried if it was the end of August but it’s not and nowhere near being. 

• Like 3

Who the **** is Noel Whelan and why is he always talking shit? 

Latest Mirror story has us selling Buendia to sign Gallagher. 

I need to block that website from my phone because Whelan and the Mirror are know-nothing words removed. 

7 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I have no idea why this didn't work out. Baffling. He always seemed good when playing. Shit trainer, shit attitude? 

No idea.

Well the injuries really set him back and during that time Ramsey had a massive breakout season. He was then essentially stuck behind Ramsey and McGinn who are bother better players than Sanson. Would Ramsey have had such a breakout season if Sanson went injury free in 2021? We'll never know. 

The issue he faces now is we have Luiz who is another 8 who is better than Sanson, we've Chukwuemeka who needs even more game time this season. If we sign another 8 the player will offer something different ideally an experienced top class passer of the ball so we have different options in midfield for different types of opposition.

Sansons problem was he didn't offer anything different to the other midfielders who were simple better than him (Ramsey, Luiz, McGinn). Nakamba at least offered constant energy, tactical awareness and defensive focussed. 

42 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Have a bit of patience. There is still a huge amount of activity to happen. Clubs have like 3 or 4 players shortlist for different positions they're trying to sign in. Often it needs movement elsewhere to begin the flow. I'm sure some of our players are on the shortlists but not the top. So when peoples top targets are gone then move onto next which is always later in the window.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ramsey and McGinn who are bother better players than Sanson.

Disagree.

Luiz who is another 8 who is better than Sanson

Disagree.

Chukwuemeka who needs even more game time this season.

He can have it if he signs a contract.

If we sign another 8 the player will offer something different ideally an experienced top class passer of the ball 

Perhaps.

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Disagree.

Disagree.

Perhaps.

I think it’s hard to agree or disagree with whether he’s better or worse than our other midfield options because we’ve seen so little of him.  That’s why as strange as it seems to us, we should maybe trust the instincts of the two managers who didn’t rate him.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Disagree.

Disagree.

Perhaps.

I believe in the opinion of our current coaching staff. Ramsey / McGinn / Luiz are better 8s. Sanson offers nothing different. Hence moving Sanson on to replace him with an experienced top class passer of the ball improves the group of players we have in midfield. 

We could see some movement in the next 24/36 hours as La Liga clubs needs to sell some players to balance the books for the 30th June accounts. 

Barcelona aren’t the only Spanish club approaching financial D-day. Atletico Madrid CEO Miguel Angel Gil said this week that his club need to raise €40 million by June 30 or they will also register a loss over the year. If that happens, La Liga’s rules mean they would only be able to spend one euro for every three they raise.

Valencia also have to sell, with Carlos Soler and Goncalo Guedes the most likely departures. Sevilla have already sold Diego Carlos to Aston Villa, which at least gave them enough breathing room that they don’t have to ship out Jules Kounde for less than he’s worth. Espanyol could do with finding €25 million, and Celta, Alaves, Real Sociedad and Real Betis are among the other clubs operating a transfer yard sale to meet La Liga’s deadline.

Barcelona debt, Everton FFP and Neymar’s future: Why June 30 is so important - The Athletic

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think it’s hard to agree or disagree with whether he’s better or worse than our other midfield options because we’ve seen so little of him.  That’s why as strange as it seems to us, we should maybe trust the instincts of the two managers who didn’t rate him.

That’s a crazy suggestion!  You should know by now the players that never play are our best players! Been that way for years.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

That’s why as strange as it seems to us, we should maybe trust the instincts of the two managers who didn’t rate him.

Never!

I'm right, and they're wrong.

• Haha 1