Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

The OP said that our frontline isn't good enough to get us into Europe and I pointed to Anotnio, who isn't as good as either of our first choice strikers, but is leading West Ham's line into Europe. 

Like you mentioned, some of the players behind the strikers need improving, as a priority, to make us a European challenger. Watkins and Ings are not the main concern. Any improvement up front this window would be a welcome bonus. 

Antonio was quite good in 2021, 8 prem goals up to 1st Jan and a few more in europe. Lost form certainly in last few months.

What we're missing more is a Bowen type either to play out wide or as inside forward. Pacy, direct and can finish chances when they come and hit double figures. Really hope Bailey can stay fit and get an early goal or two as he could still be that player for us.

• Thanks 1

Whenever I saw Dennis for Watford he didn't actually look that great.

I think he got off to a very good start but faded badly, just two goals and one assist in his final seventeen appearances.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Whenever I saw Dennis for Watford he didn't actually look that great.

I think he got off to a very good start but faded badly, just two goals and one assist in his final seventeen appearances.

It was my fault, I transferred him into my fpl team and immediately killed his form.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Regardless of who we’re in for, I’m confident we’re shopping in a market a level above. Whether we get choice A or not is not so much a worry when we’re talking about CL level players. I can only see improvement next season.

Just now, 7392craig said:

Regardless of who we’re in for, I’m confident we’re shopping in a market a level above. Whether we get choice A or not is not so much a worry when we’re talking about CL level players. I can only see improvement next season.

Isn't your second sentence contradicting the first ?

Aaron Hickey is a strange phenomenon. Loads of teams linked to him, almost none seem to have actually bid.

Doesn't make sense for us really, as good as he looks to be. We aren't in a position to buy someone for £20m and have them not starting. If it's happened...it's because the signing hasn't worked out (yet).

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Aaron Hickey is a strange phenomenon. Loads of teams linked to him, almost none seem to have actually bid.

Doesn't make sense for us really, as good as he looks to be. We aren't in a position to buy someone for £20m and have them not starting. If it's happened...it's because the signing hasn't worked out (yet).

Listen to interview with Nesta early in week, was surprised how open he was about how poor Serie A has become, wonder if premier League teams are slightly hesitant about risking big fee's on players coming from Italy

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Think Aaron Hickey is the same as players like Madueke and Mavididi I think in that their agents or family or just "lazy journalists" keep them being talked about in England and keep them in the consciousness of the footballing community in case they ever want to press for a move back to the UK.

Feels more of a agent thing generating or drumming up interest because their doesn't seem to be much conversation about the likes Bellingham and Oxford. Having looked at other players there is Bennetts, Richards, Angel Gomes and a few others doing well as well and I think if they were wanting a move back to England there would be much more conversation around them. 

4 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Listen to interview with Nesta early in week, was surprised how open he was about how poor Serie A has become, wonder if premier League teams are slightly hesitant about risking big fee's on players coming from Italy

I love him but Tammy hasn’t become top level overnight, the level is definitely lower

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

His agent is definitely earning his fee. 

Maybe he has the same agent as McGinn! He's been busy inventing stories about teams being interested as well.

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a great player, I remember seeing him at Villa Park when he was at Stoke City when we were in The Championship. Collins and Harry Souttar had a great match for Stoke that day

Never happened in the Championship. In a League cup yes but not in the league 

What type of striker do peeps want and think we’ll target ? I like the looks of Arnaud Kalimuendo from PSG or Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica as a young up and coming options. Then you’ve got the not quite finished article in Jonathan David …  

33 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What type of striker do peeps want and think we’ll target ? I like the looks of Arnaud Kalimuendo from PSG or Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica as a young up and coming options. Then you’ve got the not quite finished article in Jonathan David …  

Considering the crosses Lucas Digne is capable of sending into the box, I'd like one who can use his head to redirect it into the net once in a while. 😁

• Like 1