Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

15 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Jesus although WHEN Rashford gets back on it he will score more.

Not 100% convinced he will get it back, he needs to get out of the utd cesspit but more than that I think he needs to rest, probably have an op or treatment on lingering injuries and then have a couple of years of 30 game seasons 

Easy to say he scored at least 10 goals a season when he's playing 50 to 60 games a year! But at the same time that's what's doing him in, utd have ruined him mentally and physically, blaming the off the field stuff is bollocks this is on utd

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He's scored at least 10 goals in 3 of the last 4 seasons

Sorry so the WHEN meant scoring 10 or 11 goals, get it now. Oh and he took penalties in those seasons. Watkins has scored more than 10 in his first 2 seasons in the PL and a lot of fans don’t think he’s good enough. 

Edited by WHY

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Quick one would you guys rather 

Jesus or Marcus ?

Obviously Jesus for the whole water into wine thing, rising from the dead, yada yada yada.  I don't see Marcus performing any miracles FFS.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Graeme Bailey was on twitter a few weeks back saying it....seemingly due to him being friends with Mitrovic. A few obscure websites ran with the link aswell.

In that case, we HAVE TO sign him and would have every chance.

Do find it hard to believe though. 

19 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

Obviously Jesus for the whole water into wine thing, rising from the dead, yada yada yada.  I don't see Marcus performing any miracles FFS.

Not sure we’d get a visa for him though.  Not sure Heaven is on the FIFA list of countries and he won’t have played enough FIFA approved games because I haven’t heard them playing games of late so won’t have met that criteria either.  

Plus if this forum doesn’t like signing 29 year old footballers, how are they going to deal with a 2,000 year old player.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, WHY said:

Not sure what you are basing the WHEN on to be honest, he’s had one decent scoring season in 7. Watkins is better than Rashford. 

This simply isn’t true. 20/21 in all comps 21 goals 15 assists. 19/20 22 goals 12 assists. 18/19  13 goals 10 assists. 17/18 13 goals 9 assists. These are all in his early 20s. He’s had a shocking season but Ollie Watkins isn’t a better player. And he’s played on the wings more than he has up front. 

Edited by IrishVilla10

41 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

Didn’t you see the work he did with feeding those kids. Some of his best work! 

16 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

This simply isn’t true. 20/21 in all comps 21 goals 15 assists. 19/20 22 goals 12 assists. 18/19  13 goals 10 assists. 17/18 13 goals 9 assists. These are all in his early 20s. He’s had a shocking season but Ollie Watkins isn’t a better player. And he’s played on the wings more than he has up front. 

We were talking about the PL but yeah his record improves if you include his goals against the rags in Europe and Cups. 

Edited by WHY

32 minutes ago, WHY said:

We were talking about the PL but yeah his record improves if you include his goals against the rags in Europe and Cups. 

Fair enough apologies. Do those goals not count then? He’s only 24. I find it wild you'd consider Ollie a better player. Rashford from 19-23 had 4 seasons with 20+ goal contributions. 2 with 30+. 

Not sold on David for some reason. Don't think he'd be worth the £50m it would cost.

How many would Watkins score in Ligue 1? David has 28 in 75 games. Don't think he'd be too far off that.

• Like 4