Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

For context: Newcastle spent almost £40m on Dan Burn and Chris Wood. 

For just around £43m, we’ve brought in Coutinho, Kamara and Diego Carlos. 

They love Dan Burn to be fair. He's been a massive part of their turnaround!

4 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Talk that West Ham are wanting to get rid of Soucek after a dust up with Moyes. 

He not the most stylish of players but he’s an effective 6 in the right system and he’s add a bit of height and metal to our midfield options. 

------------Soucek------------

---Kamara-------Ramsey--

Buendia-------------Countiho

Solid.

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

This is very true. All leading up to that big crash when reality bites in that first crushing 3-0 loss to a newly promoted Huddersfield. A story as old as time. 

I've developed the story for you. (It's every bit as true!)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Talk that West Ham are wanting to get rid of Soucek after a dust up with Moyes. 

He not the most stylish of players but he’s an effective 6 in the right system and he’s add a bit of height and metal to our midfield options. 

And goals

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Bissouma will be off to Spurs. I think the 8 who comes in will be an experienced senior player who is bought into the project and doesn't need to start every week. 

I just remembered Spurs signed that kid we were heavily linked with Pape Mat Sarr and let him stay at his club.

Should be joining them coming season, wonder what they will do with him?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nobody wants to listen when I said it before. His win rate is literally identical to Sherwood and Tim had a shitter team just with Benteke

I do think there is a hype because we have bought good players but I am not confident we will be a good team. Its a bit Brucey for my liking. Pass to Coutinho/Buendia they will score 

Yes that's a fair point.

Our 2017/18 should've got 2nd comfortably but flattered to deceive for most of the year and in final third it was half the season of giving kodjia/Albert the ball and hope they could come up with something.

Love how we seem to be getting our business done early. Get the new guys settled in, full preseason, hit the ground running.

Will I be having a whinge if we don't sign a player that I've never heard of, that we've been linked to for 30 mins, before the window slams shut on deadline day? Most likely, yes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

------------Soucek------------

---Kamara-------Ramsey--

Buendia-------------Countiho

Solid.

I don't think it's a good idea to put a goalscoring midfielder at DM and put your new DM into a b2b role.

• Haha 1

As good as it is signing players, I’d love us to sell a player we don’t feel we need for a big sum. For example, selling McGinn for £40+m. 

I’m just using McGinn as an example here - not saying we should sell. Over the past decade or so, we’ve been awful at moving players on and bringing money into the club. The Grealish deal aside, which was unique in his own right, I can’t remember us really getting good money for any of our players recently. 

We’re going to be moving at least 8 players on this Summer. It would be great if we could surprise a few with the prices we sell at. 

• Like 3

If we can land Suarez I then assume we now focus on shifting players on. Then we look at further additions. 

Targett, Traore, Sanson, Luis seem the 4 we need to shift to bring in some proper money.

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Think we definitely need another #8 for competition or to start - New #8, McGinn, JJ.  Then we need to sort Luiz, Sanson and Chuk, can see two from that group going.

Yea i agree duke two of those three are going. I think it will be luiz and chuck. Sanson might stick around now we have kamara

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Bissouma will be off to Spurs. I think the 8 who comes in will be an experienced senior player who is bought into the project and doesn't need to start every week. 

I dint think he will end up at spurs cant see where he plays now they signed Bentancur and have hojberg too

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its afir to say gerrard is building a new spine of the team. Clearly unhappy of the current one. Carlos and kamara hoepfully is a lot stronger than mings-nakamba

Well Konsa and Nakamba as they're players being replaced by Kamara / Carlos