Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah this is what I signed up for under Lange and Purslow. Why I am so downhearted with the project

Experienced players may be able to contribute right away, so signing them could mean instant improvement. I can see why managers want them. Managers often only last a couple of years and need to show quick results.

Other roles like director of football are supposed to think more about the future and do long term squad planning.

My guess is Villa are concerned about Newcastle and want to break into the top 6 now before the competition gets worse. That’s why they allow SG to sign players who may not be good investments, but can improve us now. 

13 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Experienced players may be able to contribute right away, so signing them could mean instant improvement. I can see why managers want them. Managers often only last a couple of years and need to show quick results.

Other roles like director of football are supposed to think more about the future and do long term squad planning.

My guess is Villa are concerned about Newcastle and want to break into the top 6 now before the competition gets worse. That’s why they allow SG to sign players who may not be good investments, but can improve us now. 

Having players come through is great, but they can't all be like that......There is the here and now to be concerned about, 14 th was not good enough, for the project.......The manager has to keep his job too, we can't rely soley on young players at our stage of team development.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

One day, all clubs will learn this.

I thought we were pretty close, alas.

Yep. Seems we lost the patience necessary for a long term project. Maybe NSWE looking for a quicker return on their investment. We can only speculate from our end. Either way this new direction does not fill me with confidence. 🤞🏽 It works.  

5 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Yep. Seems we lost the patience necessary for a long term project. Maybe NSWE looking for a quicker return on their investment. We can only speculate from our end. Either way this new direction does not fill me with confidence. 🤞🏽 It works.  

No problems with the odd experienced signing if they are the business. But they have to be the business pretty quickly and that's tough in the PL.

As long as we aren't buying exclusively old boys that will leave on frees, I'm happy. Quality of player more important than age.

Just now, Wes said:

I absolutely love how decisively we move in the transfer market, and how "under-the-radar" we are as well. Just great stuff.

If anything it's making me believe the gutter journos even less, they don't know anything 

Just now, grobs said:

If we sign another top CM and get another striker in I’ll be delighted 

We could possibly have Coutinho perm, Kamara, Carlos, new CM (Bissouma ?) and new striker.  Class window.

• Like 1