Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

No disrespect to Dean, but we aren't signing any of them if he was in charge. SG has his critics on his management and tactics, but his name alone will help attract players a level above us.

I agree with Coutinho but surely the bulk of the attraction is the package that we offer, and future aims of the club and how thats going to be backed up etc.

Dean Smith attracted Bailey, Ings, Buendia etc.

8 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I agree with Coutinho but surely the bulk of the attraction is the package that we offer, and future aims of the club and how thats going to be backed up etc.

I reckon a combo of package plus Managers.

As a matter of fact, I think in reality, it's the Club who should actually be getting most of the plaudits over any Manager, Purslow etc.

You could be Pep Guardiola, but if the club is dead end street players ain't coming.

Manager can only do so much, but if he has no backing it's futile.

On the Manager front, all the way up from Bruce to Dean, to SG they all deserve some credit as well.

Bruce / Deano are responsible for the likes of McGinn, Mings, Ollie, etc etc

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

its the fact that we've shown time and time again that if you're any good we'll sell you to man city

See the source image

17 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Did he though? Clearly Smith didn’t fancy them that much in his selections. Felt like the board and Lange identified those targets. 

Problem position signed for "free". (Sure he made a sizeable signing bonus)

Providing we raise around 40/50 million (El Ghazi, Trez, Targett, Guilbert, Keinan + maybe  1or 2 youngsters), we could easily spend another 100 million., for a 50million net spend.

Thinking an elite CB will be on the shopping list.

Exciting times. 

Purslow loves these perfectly timed announcements, doesn't he? Can't say I mind! First day of the off-season and he drops an atomic bomb. A real statement of intent. I'm salivating at who joins us next...

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

With all this competent, early doing business - deadline day is going to be a massive let down. Again. Lange out. 😉

But now if Lange pays even a penny for his next acquisition he’s going backwards! 😉😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t personally see Tarkowski happening. I think we might make a statement signing of a CB instead given Konsa‘s injury. Chambers is ready to step up. 

Konsa's injury might be a bit of a blessing, as weird as that sounds.  We can go all out for a marquee signing at CB without rocking the boat too much.  Konsa won't be going anywhere now until the end of next season or January at the earliest.  So he can fight his way back into the team when he's fit again or leave at the end of the season, he'd still be a decent back-up.

• Like 3