Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Nah Robert Bobroczkyi is more worthy of such a pusuit....your man is too small.😃

He can't move like Giannis thou, Giannis is unreal for his size.

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Liverpool were touting 20m for Nat Phillips.

Hause has twice as many prem appearances but only worth 5 - 10 million?

Seek help if you think Hause would sell for that price...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Locking Coutinho down before the window officially opens is going to pay dividends with our recruitment elsewhere.

That's very true. If it gets sorted before it opens it opens so many more doors for us straight away.

Maybe it convinces free agents too who can sign elsewhere before the window opens (Kamara, Belotti, etc)

• Like 2

I would just once like to get the transfers in and done early, to build a preseason around new players and integrate them with the existing squad.

If we could do that Villa could start the season strongly, last season we were under-cooked with players arriving late, pre-season fixtures cancelled and losing our best player.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

God I hope we go for Belotti. Buendia and Coutinho will be so happy.

He looked like a donkey at the Euro's. And I mean European international football is hardly top notch quality is it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

God I hope we go for Belotti. Buendia and Coutinho will be so happy.

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

He looked like a donkey at the Euro's. And I mean European international football is hardly top notch quality is it. 

Yeah, must admit I thought the same.

He has poor posture for a footballer too, looks so awkward.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Best club in the league at selling players

On Hause it depends who the buyer is and what the market for him is like, the more suitors the bigger the price, if we do sell him I hope its to a team that gives him a chance rather than a team where he's a squad player again, he's worth £5-8m imo which should attract some top end championship teams too

He's another who Norwich and deano should be looking at

He's also another player that shows the feel good factor that was at the club last year, if he leaves I wish him well and hope he goes somewhere to make a name for himself, I like him, man's got a ball magnet for a head 

Hause would be ideal for Fulham surely. Heck even Leicester will probably look to take him as squad player given how bad they've been defending corners last six months, reminds me of when we were conceding every game from corners in Lambert's first season.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

An ambitious championship club might swoop for Hause, maybe we can sell him for £10m and include a £5m promotion bonus.

Yeah like that idea.

Many will say they can't see Hause moving on but it felt like he was given the contract to keep him happy. Wouldn't surprise me at all to find out a gentlemen's agreement for him to leave in the summer or a buyout clause was included that we anticipate being activated pretty early on.

Perhaps not but won't surprise me. I really like Hause and he's done his part, been professional and played well when called upon but I'd rather have somebody providing genuine competition to Konsa and Mings. That isn't Hause. Even if we replace one or both of EK/TM, Hause shouldn't be the back up to the new guy imo.

Sell Hause and sign genuine competition with a view to making our current starters backups, or atleast eventual-backups.

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah like that idea.

Many will say they can't see Hause moving on but it felt like he was given the contract to keep him happy. Wouldn't surprise me at all to find out a gentlemen's agreement for him to leave in the summer or a buyout clause was included that we anticipate being activated pretty early on.

Perhaps not but won't surprise me. I really like Hause and he's done his part, been professional and played well when called upon but I'd rather have somebody providing genuine competition to Konsa and Mings. That isn't Hause. Even if we replace one or both of EK/TM, Hause shouldn't be the back up to the new guy imo.

Sell Hause and sign genuine competition with a view to making our current starters backups, or atleast eventual-backups.

I’ve seen this mentioned a few times…

Sell the back up, buy a new player and make the current starter the back up.

It simply doesn’t work like that when you play two centre backs. You can have three very good centre backs and not four. Who in the right mind would stay around as 4th choice who was an established highly regarded centre back?

Chambers is good and third choice.

if you are bringing in centre backs it needs to be to replace a starter you will sell.

if it were up to me I’d be bringing in a defender for all four positions, two DCM’s and buying Olson. 

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Sell the back up, buy a new player and make the current starter the back up.

It simply doesn’t work like that...

...if it were up to me I’d be bringing in a defender for all four positions, two DCM’s and buying Olson. 

So you'd what, sell both Konsa and Mings (plus Targett and Guilbert) with loans for Chrisene & KKH and buy 2 new starting CBs with backups at RB and LB?

Or are you selling Cash and Digne too?

As none of them can become backups.

I disagree with your first bit. You buy players to compete that (as I said) eventually end up demoting your starters. Ming's and Digne will both be 30, you buy young players for both positions that can compete now and eventually will be better than them

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If we're only going to spend £12 mill on Coutinho and Kamara combined - I for one am looking forward to seeing how the rest of the cash gets spent.

I'd imagine there would be quite hefty signing on and agent fees for both, will be substantially more than £12m in total.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Who here rates McTominay? Worth a cheeky bid? 

Only playing as he is Fergies favourite. Would be one of the first players out the door at United and wouldn't get in our team