Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Noooooooooooooo!

if we sign him, that's where for me the questions start for recruitment. We have Buendia, Traore, Coutinho on loan, Carney, Ashley Young, (& I'll throw out Ghazi & Trez because they did play for us this season) who have all played in the position where Lingard plays. Especially with the wages he wants & when we have been public about wanting to recruit Coutinho on a permanent transfer. Where would Lingard fit in? Especially if we play with 2 up top

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

if we sign him, that's where for me the questions start for recruitment. We have Buendia, Traore, Coutinho on loan, Carney, Ashley Young, (& I'll throw out Ghazi & Trez because they did play for us this season) who have all played in the position where Lingard plays. Especially with the wages he wants & when we have been public about wanting to recruit Coutinho on a permanent transfer. Where would Lingard fit in? Especially if we play with 2 up top

I have seen Lingard play a good few times but whats his actual position as every game a different position. I dont think he has ever looked great when I saw him

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ep3hye6zljsxb8nqb2

I don't think you need to be too concerned, I'm pretty sure we are some way down the list of clubs that he would choose to play for and I suspect that he has already opened a Saudi bank account. ;)

• Like 1

It looks like a player, who was often a thorn in our side when we played against him during our time in the Championship, will be on the move this summer following another good season with Millwall. He's 28 now, becomes a free agent next month and we were linked with him in the past, but would anyone look at Jed Wallace now?🤔  

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have seen Lingard play a good few times but whats his actual position as every game a different position. I dont think he has ever looked great when I saw him

He looked good for West ham vs us last season but that we because we gave him the freedom of villa park, he seemingly played wherever Luiz and McGinn weren't, I think that's what moyes did to make him tick, his position was wherever the space is

We already have better players on the books to give that freedom to

• Like 2

Wijnaldum is a massive upgrade no matter how you look at it. He’s not the first and won’t be the last player to fail at the oil machine across the pond. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'd take Lingard of a free tbh. I know he's a popular to hate player, but he was very good when he was at West Ham. He should be good enough for a mid-table side like us.

No point as we are stocked in that 10 position with Coutinho and Buendia

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'd take Lingard of a free tbh. I know he's a popular to hate player, but he was very good when he was at West Ham. He should be good enough for a mid-table side like us.

Signing him would be being very profligate with the owners money.

• Like 1

Lingard would be a good pick up on a free if he wasn't an absolute bellend.

I think he can play in a variety of positions. High energy unlike...others we have.

But again. Absolute whopper.

Edited by rodders0223

2 hours ago, deeps said:

Wijnaldum is a massive upgrade no matter how you look at it. He’s not the first and won’t be the last player to fail at the oil machine across the pond. 

His legs are completely gone. No chance.

On 07/05/2022 at 11:22, CVByrne said:

He's only just turned 31. Legs and Lungs gone is laughable. Klopp wanted him to stay and they offered him contracts. He wanted a new challenge. 

Like who do we think we are, our fans turning their noses up and elite players who have won the lot. Only Villa fans are this bad

No mate. I've watched him a fair few times and especially in the Euros a year ago I thought his legs were going. He's ridiculously slow.

Wijnaldum looks like an old 30 year old today 

It was highlighted at the time and no shock he's been an absolute bust at PSG.

Sheva at Chelsea vibes where you could just see a player had lost all acceleration and spring and it was going to be a long season

Heavy heavy legs

Edited by rodders0223

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

No point as we are stocked in that 10 position with Coutinho and Buendia

Yup, could be a very good player, just doesn't address any weakness in our squad. Could be an option if Coutinho decides not to join though

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Lingard would be a good pick up on a free if he wasn't an absolute bellend.

I think he can play in a variety of positions. High energy unlike...others we have.

But again. Absolute whopper.

The bellend aspect shouldn’t be overlooked. I’m not saying he’s responsible for the apparent nightmare that is Man United’s dressing room but he’s been involved in enough leaks and manager feuds. A team shouldn’t have too many players with their own clothing lines or rapping careers.

8 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

If it is the West Ham Lingard - Yes. If it is the Utd Lingard - No. 

Which one of Buendia or Coutinho would you drop for him?

He's a player that doesn't fit our system - he's a 4-3-3- man.

DM is where we all know the money needs to be spent. 

We are utterly stocked with 8's and 10's. We've seen this season that once a decent performance is put in (early season Nakamba and latterly Tim/Chambers) at 6 then our midfielders are actually able to perform properly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1