Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, John said:

That Daichi Kamada looked very good for Eintracht last night, if we were looking for an attacking midfielder, which I guess we aren't. 

@Jas10 and the like we're pumping him up non stop last transfer window.

His highlight reels are ridiculous. Looks a serious talent.

As above be poster said, would massively help commercially as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I also remember several people saying he should be seriously considered last summer.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I assume Nkunku is well and truly out of our grasp now?

He's had a fantastic season, played as more of a striker this year too rather than as an attacking midfielder. A lot of goals and assists. 7 CL goals too. He'd be an incredible signing from Leipzig but I imagine he'd have been a big stretch for us anyway even before this season.

Very probable that we wouldn't interest him much.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Oh My Sweet Jesus Omg GIF - Oh My Sweet Jesus Oh My Omg - Discover & Share  GIFs

We will, as in most windows lately, be linked with everyone, absolutely everyone. We might get the odd older player but they will have to relevant now, like a Henderson for example. We will not sign any over the hill contract seekers.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe I’m out of the loop but how much impact does that really have outside of likes on social media and the occasional fan in the ground with a flag?

8 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Maybe I’m out of the loop but how much impact does that really have outside of likes on social media and the occasional fan in the ground with a flag?

Additional fanbase, as you can imagine, Asian population is huge.

Added Merchandise ( Kamada Aston villa kits ) and digital product sales as just 1 example.

General raising of profile, if we have more eyes on us, it translates into many areas, you can command higher sponsorship fees and so on, more TV time.

Benefits are multiple, I'm sure someone else could give you a much more detailed explanation of all the benefits.

Obviously he's a brilliant player as well. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Additional fanbase, as you can imagine, Asian population is huge.

Added Merchandise ( Kamada Aston villa kits ) and digital product sales as just 1 example.

General raising of profile, if we have more eyes on us, it translates into many areas, you can command higher sponsorship fees and so on, more TV time.

Benefits are multiple, I'm sure someone else could give you a much more detailed explanation of all the benefits.

Obviously he's a brilliant player as well. Lol

Maybe the easiest way of saying it is that if we had a Japanese international as a star player in this team castore aren't making our kits 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Huge, if Japanese TV starts picking up our games then we can attract Japanese advertising and partners 

Spurs have 21% of the South Korean Market compared to 6% for man utd, means in theory as many as 11m fans there, there was talk of them playing 2 friendlies there this summer, they then have an official tyre partner from SK, plus they no doubt bring those numbers to the table when negotiating with Nike etc

I'd say son is probably the pinnacle of what it can mean but there's definitely a bonus to it with all Asian players 

Edit - for context spurs fanbase in the UK is estimated to be 3m,rheir fanbase in Korea is estimated to more than 3 times the size 

I guess the Population of Ormskirk, didn't come in to it, when we signed Tony Morley......now that bit of football has changed.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Quite a few links now to Nelsson and Caleta-Car. 
Anybody on here know much about them or who we'd prefer?

I think all of them though have been 'so and so reports' and then basically reposting. 

Caleta-Car is reasonable as we know Purslow, Lange and Gerrard were all at a game he was playing in. Perhaps just for Kamara. But it's a position of need, he was there and we have previous in buying from Marseille. If I was to pick which one was most realistic, it's Caleta-Car.

Nelsson, the links all stem from one poor account. As somebody else posted earlier, we get linked to a CB in the Turkish league most years. Not sure I buy this link as much.

Sorry though, no I've not seen either play.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but he only has 4 goals and 2 assists in 29 games this season

• Like 1

Caleta car might make sense for him too because although he's been linked with the likes of spurs I don't think it's happening for him at this stage of his marseille career

If he wants CL in one of the bigger leagues then he needs to join the likes of us first, be it as part of us getting better or him being in the PL shop window

We would be a good move for him, so would Wolves  or west ham or Leicester, that's the kind of level he will go to

Edited by villa4europe

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Caleta car might make sense for him too because although he's been linked with the likes of spurs I don't think it's happening for him at this stage of his marseille career

If he wants CL in one of the bigger leagues then he needs to join the likes of us first, be it as part of us getting better or him being in the PL shop window

We would be a good move for him, so would Wolves  or west ham or Leicester, that's the kind of level he will go to

He certainly looks like a ball playing centre half. 

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If reports are to be believed, Ćaleta-Car and Boubacar Kamara turned Wolves down last summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Quite a few links now to Nelsson and Caleta-Car. 
Anybody on here know much about them or who we'd prefer?

According to my mate who supports Marseille, he played awful last game and he genuinely doesn’t think he’ll improve us. Apparently he makes quite a few mistakes as well.