Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's funny is, I genuinely know nothing about Gomez, but I don't want us to sign him purely based on how passionate some people are that he is " shite " or  " finished ".

I also knew nothing about Callum Chambers, and much of the same was said....so.

He had great potential but his injuries have ruined him, he seems to have lost his pace that he had. His performance in the 7-2 was criminal

• Like 2

We need to get a scout down to Swansea and run the rule over this Joel Piroe lad. He seems to score every game they play, we need a striker who can do that. I know nothing about him, just that he's only 22 and scoring for fun. 

14 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'd buy (Media figures for players)

Olsen - (Roma) He is cheap and a decent keeper for a backup

Borna Sosa - (Stuttgart) Great attacking left back, far superior to Targett has the ability to unseat Digne
Sven Botman - (Lille) Upgrade on Mings, left footed, leader.
Bremer - (Torino) still only 25 has done really well for Torino, big lad, I think he could work well with Botman and imagine those two going up for corners
Arron Wan-Bissaka/Max Aarons - (Man Utd/Norwich)  This is my gambler, both have their virtues and immense potential to be better than Cash and take his place. Max Arrons is better going forward and is still so young to develop in a team that is more stable than Norwich has been for the last few years. Wan Bissaka is an awesome defensive right back who I feel isn't as bad as made out going forward. I think he could thrive leaving Utd.

Teun Koopmeiners - (Atalanta) I wanted him last summer before he went to Italy and banged on about him none stop, he is a true 6, can play at centre back, is a captain, has a great long pass in him, takes pens/free kicks and even chips in with the goals, he has 20 goal involvements last year which is insane as a DCM.
Boubakar Kamara - (Marseilles) He is on a free a true 6 as well, he can play at centre back comfortably, is still young.

Jeremy Doku - (Rennes) This lad has literally insane pace, he has been injured a lot doesn't turn 20 until next month and has some tricks he would be a smart pick up and add variation to our wide players.

Andrea Belotti - (Torino) He is on a free a real centre forward who will be a focal point of the attack rather than running off all over the place like Watkins does (I want the wide players doing that.)

Going by media prices 155m

Blimey. That lot would probably cripple a club! You can’t be making eight new signings and expect the team to do well in the upcoming season, does not work. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Tayls said:

You can’t be making eight new signings and expect the team to do well in the upcoming season, does not work. 

Of course you can. If you sign 8 players better than the ones you have then you'll improve. All the talk of settling in, he needs a preseason, etc. are 99% of time just excuses for signing someone terrible. Not that I think I think we will sign 8 players but there's no substance to the argument that signing too many players is detrimental, signing bad players is the issue. And of course if you sign a lot of players there will be some whoppers in there.

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Of course you can. If you sign 8 players better than the ones you have then you'll improve. All the talk of settling in, he needs a preseason, etc. are 99% of time just excuses for signing someone terrible. Not that I think I think we will sign 8 players but there's no substance to the argument that signing too many players is detrimental, signing bad players is the issue. And of course if you sign a lot of players there will be some whoppers in there.

It's called doing a Fulham. Signing too many players has been shown to be detrimental many times. The Veretout days. They were good players we signed. Amavi, Ayew etc. Leicester won the league the year after they got relegated because they were an extremely settled squad with a couple of very shrewd additions. Signing 8 new players works on FIFA but not in reality. Even intuitively it doesn't sound like it would work.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I disagree on the preseason point. The singings would need to be made early in the window. If you plan on signing players for first team positions then they definitely benefit. Leave it to august and there’s a chance you don’t see the best from them for a few months. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I should have clarified shouldn't I.

Ok either the game or football manager 

To be honest, you could have just went with both as I don't think that the governing body lives in the real world either.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Blimey. That lot would probably cripple a club! You can’t be making eight new signings and expect the team to do well in the upcoming season, does not work. 

Also partial reply yo @HalfTimePost

I partially agree, but not necessarily.

That is a set of players, who are probably still better than alot of the players we have, even when they are " off it ".

For example, if half of the 8 going out are already out on loan and/or fringe players, it's really not as extreme as it sounds.

Having said that. 4 - 5 max of high quality i'd prefer.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd love us to sign him but that would make signing Digne a bit daft.

Why?

We'd now have two good left backs competing for a spot. lol

One of them young, with a higher ceiling than Targett.

Also, Cup games etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why?

We'd now have two good left backs competing for a spot. lol

Also, Cup games etc.

Not a competition with Digne being the highest paid player we own. How can Gerrard justify having him on the bench as was his signing for that outlay