Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Blimey. That lot would probably cripple a club! You can’t be making eight new signings and expect the team to do well in the upcoming season, does not work. 

Not sure I’d agree.  I’d happily sign VVD, Robertson, TAA, Diaz, Salah, Mane, Henderson and Thiago all together this summer 😉😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That Hickey story has come from Ashley Preece doing one of his Q&A things, so I would't read too much into it, he basically just repeats rumours and 'news stories' that have already been going around on social media, he might be that we're going to try and sign Hickey, but I don't think he has any actual inside knowledge of what our transfer plans are.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

That Hickey story has come from Ashley Preece doing one of his Q&A things, so I would't read too much into it, he basically just repeats rumours and 'news stories' that have already been going around on social media, he might be that we're going to try and sign Hickey, but I don't think he has any actual inside knowledge of what our transfer plans are.

100%

Lille are already prepared to sell some players this summer. Jonathan David’s rise from Jan 2018 has been excellent and top clubs have his name in the list. 🔴⭐️ Lille

David’s now Lille top scorer with 17 goals this season, 3 in UCL - and he’s just 22.

Price tag around £42m 👀

https://www.facebook.com/100000473462841/posts/7982981445060892/

Ings out

David in?  👀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Yes, I didn't mean to put him down though, as I don't think he tries come across as some sort of big 'ITK' or anything.

No not at all, he obviously has links to the club but in terms of transfers I wouldn’t rely on what he says 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Competition is good. Digne has been a bit of a mixed bag.

Indeed but if Hickey quickly usurps him we end up with a left back on over £100k a week we either have to pay until he is 33 or take a massive loss on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's one of many I just feel we missed the boat on. And to elaborate he was another linked due to him liking our stuff on insta? But never happend and is pretty much to big for us now. Lots heavily linked then have good seasons and then outta our league. 

Can see him at Spam as they will prolly have European football. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tayls said:

Blimey. That lot would probably cripple a club! You can’t be making eight new signings and expect the team to do well in the upcoming season, does not work. 

That lot apparently costs less in transfer fees than the players in the list sold.

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The same way Pep can justify having the most expensive English player in the Premier League on the bench.

Competition is competition, whoever is in the better form plays. The money is more indicative of seniority and profile.

Similarly to how JJ was starting over senior players presumably on 5 - 10 times as much as him at the time.

Futhermore, no one has said Hickey would be guaranteed to start, again, there are injuries, Cup games, rotation etc.

Unless you are suggesting we stop signing quality players as competition, because we won't be able to justify when they are benched?

How do other clubs do it?

Having two great players for every position is ideal. The issue for Villa is our place in the foodchain, with no european football and currently unlikely to be near the top of the table. Highly rated players considering Villa will count on playing most games, if they suspect they won’t they might go elsewhere.

Being a squad player at Liverpool atm beats being one at Villa, they’re concerned about their image like most people.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The same way Pep can justify having the most expensive English player in the Premier League on the bench.

Competition is competition, whoever is in the better form plays. The money is more indicative of seniority and profile.

Similarly to how JJ was starting over senior players presumably on 5 - 10 times as much as him at the time.

Futhermore, no one has said Hickey would be guaranteed to start, again, there are injuries, Cup games, rotation etc.

Unless you are suggesting we stop signing quality players as competition, because we won't be able to justify when they are benched?

How do other clubs do it?

Mm thats a shitty comparison you make Pep sound like a budget manahwr

52 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Having two great players for every position is ideal. The issue for Villa is our place in the foodchain, with no european football and currently unlikely to be near the top of the table. Highly rated players considering Villa will count on playing most games, if they suspect they won’t they might go elsewhere.

Being a squad player at Liverpool atm beats being one at Villa, they’re concerned about their image like most people.

Fair enough but English people's views on English clubs downplay the attractiveness of them to foreign players.
There is only 20 teams that have more expensive squads than us, we are known for spending a lot, English teams pay much higher wages than in foreign leagues, it is the most watched league, if you do well you can get a massive move as everyone is talking about you and so on.

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Fair enough but English people's views on English clubs downplay the attractiveness of them to foreign players.
There is only 20 teams that have more expensive squads than us, we are known for spending a lot, English teams pay much higher wages than in foreign leagues, it is the most watched league, if you do well you can get a massive move as everyone is talking about you and so on.

Yeah I didn’t mean Villa can’t attract, and as you say getting players from other leagues is probably easier. I meant to say that while we want more depth and competition, players will see it the other way. As an example, it’s been difficult for Spurs to sign another striker because that player knows he won’t play much unless Kane leaves.

53 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah I didn’t mean Villa can’t attract, and as you say getting players from other leagues is probably easier. I meant to say that while we want more depth and competition, players will see it the other way. As an example, it’s been difficult for Spurs to sign another striker because that player knows he won’t play much unless Kane leaves.

Kane is the extreme example though, what if they signed a player in any other position other than the forwards......

If it isn't an untouchable player, then any player worth buying will back themselves to be first choice.

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I’d agree.  I’d happily sign VVD, Robertson, TAA, Diaz, Salah, Mane, Henderson and Thiago all together this summer 😉😂

Fun and jokes aside, would anyone actually have Henderson as a " leader " in the summer 🤔

• Like 1