Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think of it was a serious injury requiring surgery it would be announced like Diego Carlos and lots of well wishing on social media.

A strain of some description is one where it's difficult to project how long it will take  for him to recover. In that situation we will probably only get an update on the pre Leeds press conference 

Like you said before if its not a tear there's nothing to operate on

Gerrard will do well to avoid the Smith pitfall where he didn't know how long the recovery would be but kept giving dates to appease fans that actually pissed fans off when they weren't met

Not sure if the club have kept up with their weekly injury updates, I'd guess its "not training" for a few weeks at best, then a few weeks light training, few weeks proper training... Then it's the world cup

On 21/09/2022 at 07:56, thunderball said:

Have you not been watching?, he is a very good player who improves us. As pointed out, without him and Carlos we are back to where we were. That’s going backwards in this division. 

And without Cash too, so even weaker than we were last season?

I think Kamara has been great so far and that we will miss him as he gets through a lot of graft in that holding role. But, why do people seem to have forgotten all about Marv? He played well after Gerrard came in last season and I think that he deserves another chance back in that holding role. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'll take that over an ACL tear. Shame for the player missing the world cup

Definitely. I feel for him, if he played for another nation that didn't have a stacked midfield then I would still think he could go to the World Cup. Unfortunately France are quite loaded in that position, for his sake I'd hope he still gets to go based on what he's done so far.

Our treatment table must be groaning under the weight of numbers currently using it. We have had such a rotten run with injuries, this season. Players that have been on the fringes up until now, will have to show that they really were deserving of the first team place they had been after. They will get the opportunity now to show rather than to tell the manager that he was wrong not to consider them earlier. I hope they do, because otherwise those winnable games, won't be won.  

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Could have been worse. 2 months. Time to batten down the hatches and roll them sleeves up. We go again. We’ve an honest group of lads.

That's all very well, but you won't get anywhere unless you pull up your socks. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'll take that over an ACL tear. Shame for the player missing the world cup

Likely wouldn't feature much anyway. The extra healing time is good for him and for Villa. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John said:

Our treatment table must be groaning under the weight of numbers currently using it. We have had such a rotten run with injuries, this season. Players that have been on the fringes up until now, will have to show that they really were deserving of the first team place they had been after. They will get the opportunity now to show rather than to tell the manager that he was wrong not to consider them earlier. I hope they do, because otherwise those winnable games, won't be won.  

Although the names are incredibly significant, the weight of numbers you refer to is a staggering.......

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Misses nine games and has a couple of spare weeks to get fit while the World Cup is on.

Not great and you feel for the lad missing the World Cup, but it terms of scheduling this sort of injury it could be worse I suppose.

Yeah he'll be ready to try and get us out of the relegation zone at least. I just hope Dyche uses him properly!

• Haha 2

This should not derail our already derailed season. Of course it will because Kamara is one of a few players who is yet to have any footballing ability coached out of them by our shit management team.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 1

Â