Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

It was actually quite a while before a actually got it checked out and diagnosed. Every time I thought my knee was recovering, it would buckle again.

As for Kamara, hopefully it's not as bad as we fear and at worst back after the World Cup.

Knees are complicated things for sure. Hope you are right about him! He's been excellent so far. 

38 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Just checked and this is what they did. Not the same but still a bit similar.

Sadly that's totally different.  They tweeted exactly the same thing they have for Kamara as they did for Diego. I'll be amazed if this isn't a 3 month plus layoff

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Sadly that's totally different.  They tweeted exactly the same thing they have for Kamara as they did for Diego. I'll be amazed if this isn't a 3 month plus layoff

More like 6/7 months mate. If it's his ligament as assumed.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

What annoys me is why they’re tweeting anything before releasing any actual news. Just shut your tweeting mouths until you can tell us the facts.

Even the club probably don't know for sure, except maybe that it'll keep him out for a while, which could be anything from "out until after the World Cup" to "out for the season".

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

this does not bode well… 😭

Exactly the same tweet Diego got....

Only positive is means we'll have to sign another CM in January considering Doug will only have 6 months on his deal so hopefully we can sort out central midfield once and for all for next season.

Bouba....new CM....Dendoncker..........................................McGinn is sort of options we should have now so club simply has no more excuses.

Given that SG said he's worried, I don't want to be overly hopeful. However, not all knee injuries are equal...

I know someone who dislocated his kneecap and tore some cartilage in the process. The kneecap popped back into place, they did arthroscopic surgery to remove the cartilage fragment, and he was back to 100% in 4 months...and this was not a professional athlete who could afford to be 100% focused on rehab. 4 months would still be a significant layoff, but it wouldn't be 6-7 months and wouldn't have the long-term concerns of something like an ACL.

Here's hoping...

1 hour ago, Galway Lion said:

Questions should be asked about our physio allowing him to play on. When Carlos was down injured the physio started treating him for cramp which could of possibly made his Achilles injury worse.Wondering if there is a language barrier issue 

Some things transcend language. If a player is in pain or has done real damage, it's a (good) physio's job to spot that. In pressure situations they have to be able to diagnose a potential serious issue.

Our physio is more than likely just shite, sorry to say it but plenty of evidence to suggest.

7 hours ago, TomC said:

Given that SG said he's worried, I don't want to be overly hopeful. However, not all knee injuries are equal...

I know someone who dislocated his kneecap and tore some cartilage in the process. The kneecap popped back into place, they did arthroscopic surgery to remove the cartilage fragment, and he was back to 100% in 4 months...and this was not a professional athlete who could afford to be 100% focused on rehab. 4 months would still be a significant layoff, but it wouldn't be 6-7 months and wouldn't have the long-term concerns of something like an ACL.

Here's hoping...

Here's hoping he didn't dislocate his kneecap and tear some cartilage, I'd say that's even worse long-term

It was a good 5 minutes after the initial injury before he came off, I said when he got injured he will come off but he carried on playing but you could see he was uncomfortable. Having played football I’m not really sure how he managed 5 minutes if it was a serious injury. 

• Like 2

Â