Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

15 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Early days but labelling him as a 6 or 8 would be doing him a huge disservice. He looks to have the entire toolset. Just a complete midfielder. 

We could line up Boubacar and Nakamaba or Douglas in a double pivot. Then put Ramsey, Coutinho and Buendia as an attacking 3 behind a striker. It's a little lightweight but my god as soon as we got the ball on the ground defenses would be sh*tting bricks trying to stop that attack. 

yea that wont happen because mcginn will play every game :D 

His first touch passing looks excellent - he can receive a ball under pressure and get it out to an open man with a deft touch or a bit of deception. I liked all that very much. He also looks to have good positioning and he seems a calm, clever player who knows where everyone is on the pitch. 

When Luiz dropped deep and they had Carlos behind them, you could see that we were able to get into a nice rhythm of passing and movement - we look like we could control the tempo in games with that three and Coutinho or Buendia in front of them.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

His first touch passing looks excellent - he can receive a ball under pressure and get it out to an open man with a deft touch or a bit of deception. I liked all that very much. He also looks to have good positioning and he seems a calm, clever player who knows where everyone is on the pitch. 

When Luiz dropped deep and they had Carlos behind them, you could see that we were able to get into a nice rhythm of passing and movement - we look like we could control the tempo in games with that three and Coutinho or Buendia in front of them.

Also, considering Leeds came out the traps really quick in the first 10 minutes we still managed to have 61% possession in the first 45 mins. Not bad imo, especially as we were always looking to get the ball forward. I thought there were plenty of moments of good link up and positional play in that first half. Promising.

Saw a chant idea for him on Twitter this morning, apologies if posted already but……to the tune of the Stars Wars canteen music……Bouba, Bouba, Boubacar……Boubacar Kamara

Either that or the muppets one…..manamonar

i’ll get my coat 😭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Saw a chant idea for him on Twitter this morning, apologies if posted already but……to the tune of the Stars Wars canteen music……Bouba, Bouba, Boubacar……Boubacar Kamara

Either that or the muppets one…..manamonar

i’ll get my coat 😭

Not a patch on “there’s only one boubacar Kamara”

• Haha 1

First half wasn't great overall, but I thought Kamara looked really great, his passing his is brilliant. He looks like a player that should be playing at level above where we are at the moment, hopefully we can progress to that level with him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Probably going to say this after every game I see him play but I just can't believe we've managed to sign him.

Same here. A couple of seasons now I've had Kamara, Soumaré and Tchouameni at the top of my list for the DCM position for us. 

Soumaré was snapped up by Leicester and I still think he'll turn out a good signing for them. Tchouameni obviously became way too good for us to have a chance but that we managed to snap up Kamara is fantastic IMO.

Been impressed by him almost every time I've watched him for Marseille.

• Like 1

Â