Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Put Bissouma alongside him and we're probably golden. The two of them together would shore up the midfield. Add aggression and physicality and also be able to hold onto the ball. But Bissouma & Kamara probably makes us less attacking and means we'll likely have to lose Luiz, which would be a shame as think we'd see a new side of him as an out & out 8.

Anyway, a truly exciting signing. Can't wait for August 6th

Yep, still need bissouma then you have a choice of doug mcginn or sansom in front of them 

There will be injuries or suspension so just having one decent holding/ d midfielder isn't ideal, but far better than what we had before today.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another thought, does anyone think, with the signing of say, 2 quality DCMs, SG might want to convince Luiz to stay, and tell him he will be playing in his preferred 8 role from now on?

I think if we sign another DM it seals Luiz leaving. 

I'd like to think not but I think McGinn and Ramsey will be prioritized as much as possible. If we spend £40-50m on another player (for example Bissouma or Philips) that player is already starting.

5 Subs may mean we can keep Luiz, McGinn and Ramsey happy in rotational rolea. But imo I think if we spend big money on another mid we'll be losing atleast one of Carney or Luiz, possibly both.

13 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

------------------------NEW ST------------------------

----RAMSEY----COUTINHO---BUENDIA--

---------PHILLIPS---------KAMARA------------

DIGNE-----MINGS------NEW CB-----CASH

---------------------------EMI---------------------------

Nice.

Swap Phillips for Bissouma and I think that could be how we line up next season. Quite an improvement

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

He would not even have returned the phone call if Gerrard and Coutinho had not been here. He turned down Athletico Madrid - he’s not turning them down for dean smith. 

Did he actually turn down Atleti? Is there evidence that there was a contract on the table. Last summer we signed Bailey who is a higher profile name than Kamara under Dean. 

If Atleti were genuinely all in it'd be impressive, but I doubt it. Champions League and Simeone (also a good player, and a proven coach), I don't think that any player turns that down unless they were going to be peripheral vs Central here regardless of thinking Gerrard was a good midfielder in his time, with largely unknown coaching credentials. 

32 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Gerrard,

"I dont know who you are, what you want, and I dont have any money, but I do have a specific set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career."

Boubou

Heavy breathing

"Up ze Villa."

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Welcome, welcome. Exactly the player we need, in exactly the right position. Outstanding business, if a little overdue. 

Mate the season only finished yesterday 

:trollface:

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Him and Sanson played together at Marseille didn't they?

Do we reckon Sanson might have the faintest glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel to play with him again?

Or has that ship reached Australia alrady?

ye Sanson & Kamara played in the midfield 3 together.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Bloody Gerrard signing those ex-Liverpool players again eh 

He thought he was getting Titi Camara. (One for the forgotten footballers thread) Plus I won’t do any more boob/boub/titi puns… 

F59-C3039-98-C0-4-A3-A-B847-038-D427894-

Edited by villan-scott
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Mate the season only finished yesterday 

:trollface:

Haha, yeah. The 2019 season finished a little while ago, though. 

Sky sports have this sub headline within their report of this signing.. it’s on the sky sport scores app.

Kamara becomes latest stealthy Villa signing.

Darmesh and Kaveh might be put out to pasture hopefully. 

Â