Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Being I watch a lot of French football I remember the few times him and sanson played together in midfield. It was like two players perfectly in sync running the engine room. This if we can get sanson back to his marseille form, and kamara progressing more this could be the linchpin that corrects our midfield. Would not be surprised to see Dougie/ ginny trying to wrestle a spot off those two and Ramsey next season

Edited by Kbdrum88
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Would not be surprised to see Dougie/ ginny trying to wrestle a spot off those two and Ramsey next season

At this moment, with Gerrard in charge and given his unexplainable love for McGinn, I would be extremely surprised if that happens.

12 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Being I watch a lot of French football I remember the few times him and sanson played together in midfield. It was like two players perfectly in sync running the engine room. This if we can get sanson back to his marseille form, and kamara progressing more this could be the linchpin that corrects our midfield. Would not be surprised to see Dougie/ ginny trying to wrestle a spot off those two and Ramsey next season

I hope this is true as I’d love to see a fully fit Sanson thriving in midfield with him

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YLN said:

Seems like an odd move. Champions League to 14th in premier league. Yes he has ambition, but I don't think Villa would have much chance against marseille at the moment, considering we couldn't beat Burnley. 

How much less were Marseille offering? Who else had offered him a contract? How much more did we offer compared to them? Maybe he hates playing in Europe and living somewhere where he speaks the language, and has heard great things about the Bull Ring

According to Capology, Kamara had €27k per week at Marseille and the club's top earner has €115k per week (which is roughly £100k).

I think it's a brilliant piece of business. He's the kind of player and age where you do chuck money at it.

I'm under no illusions though. He like Bailey and Digne. They've come here for the cash.

We are chucking it. We need to get those European places now and kick on and establish ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

At this moment, with Gerrard in charge and given his unexplainable love for McGinn, I would be extremely surprised if that happens.

I'd be really surprised if mcphee as our formation set peice coach hasn't watched Dougie/mcginn running at times like polar opposite headless chickens this season. Then also as we've signed kamara not backtracked old marseille matches analysing kamara and sanson running a composed yet driving show on numerous occasions and shown Gerrard this on form is top 6 challenging spine 

Edited by Kbdrum88

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think it's a brilliant piece of business. He's the kind of player and age where you do chuck money at it.

I'm under no illusions though. He like Bailey and Digne. They've come here for the cash.

We are chucking it. We need to get those European places now and kick on and establish ourselves.

I know Bailey hasn’t done it here yet, but both he and Kamara are genuinely exciting signings. These are very much touted “hot prospects” from Europe. 

26 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Was reading an Atletico forum and they reckon he played the two off each other.  He went back with villas 3rd offer of 7m euros and Atletico weren’t willing to match if it’s to believed.

If anything its a bad sign for the Spanish league, even worse than mbappe saga.

Merci  beaucoup. Or “Mersey boathooks” as our manager would say. 

Edited by DaveAV1

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bang on.

It's why getting good characters is crucial when we're chucking these contracts round. It's nonsense 2022 football, if we want to compete, the silly wages must be shelled out.

As much as Bailey has struggled, I do think he and Digne are determined individuals who want to do it on the pitch. Hopefully young Boubs is the same.

31 minutes ago, YLN said:

Seems like an odd move. Champions League to 14th in premier league. Yes he has ambition, but I don't think Villa would have much chance against marseille at the moment, considering we couldn't beat Burnley. 

How much less were Marseille offering? Who else had offered him a contract? How much more did we offer compared to them? Maybe he hates playing in Europe and living somewhere where he speaks the language, and has heard great things about the Bull Ring

We will probably find out in a few days he thought Aston Villa is in Monaco ! 

Excitement. Both signings coming in quick, chapeau to the club so far you have to say. A lot of people thought we wouldn't be able to get him, so to get him on a free almost as soon as it was possible to do so is very nice work.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Look!

I’m not used to this in Villa threads with everybody agreeing even myself.

Surely there is somebody who doesn’t like this transfer? 😂

Just wait until someone goes on the Marseille forum .

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Look!

I’m not used to this in Villa threads with everybody agreeing even myself.

Surely there is somebody who doesn’t like this transfer? 😂

He hasn’t played yet, give it 30 minutes into his debut for the toy slinging.

• Haha 1

Â