Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

38 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I just prefer Bissouma. I don’t think Bentancur would improve us. Do you?

There is a incredibly high chance we will never sign Bissouma. It's not an either or. We need a DM and we are competing with all the best clubs in the world to get one.

Even if I'd prefer Bissouma, it wouldn't make me repeatedly dismiss Bentancur dozens of times a day on here. Apologies, but that just comes across as a bit pointless, especially when you didn't even know who he was about a week ago.

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Guess the perfect way to end this thread is to say Praise God we didnt sign him

Welcome to Spurs and good luck 

I mentioned it the other day, but I was with an Italian Juve fan on Friday night who thought he was a great DM. But yes that's just one guy. Screenshotting 2 at a time messages from a Juve message board as if it somehow proves your out-of-nowhere objection to this potential signing is another thing that comes across as pointless.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Awol said:

How is it denigrating our club? Honestly, we can be objective about the facts without being accused of doing down our own club.

A few weeks after we won the Play Off final Spurs were in the Champions League final. It wasn’t long ago and we haven’t finished above Spurs in the league since then. That’s putting aside their DoF and his relationship with Juve. 

In a straight choice between Spurs and Villa it’s not surprising a young foreign international chooses them. Hopefully that won’t be the case for long, but with Percy et al all over Bentancur as our main target I’m not buying that we suddenly walked away over 2-3M euros.

You said that our CEO messed around trying to be clever and lost the deal, with nothing to substantiate that claim. If that is not denigrating the club then you and I will have to disagree.

As for `Percy et al', there was a lot more than 2-3m involved according to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Big blow this will be though shows how far back we still are as a transfer pull. Was the best of the 3 we were linked to with him Kamara and Bissouma

It does. But we are still on the rise. We hope to be a better pull than Spurs eventually.

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I know its Shakespeare but I prefer this

Image result for goodnight sweet prince gif

Happened to us. My father-in-law was buried at sea. Unexpected stiff breeze. We were covered in ash.

When we recovered from the shock we did find it funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Happened to us. My father-in-law was buried at sea. Unexpected stiff breeze. We were covered in ash.

When we recovered from the shock we did find it funny.

Sorry to hear, I can imagine the initial reaction and I'm glad you saw the funny side of it. 

41 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

You said that our CEO messed around trying to be clever and lost the deal, with nothing to substantiate that claim. 

Maybe Purslow messed around trying to be clever on price and lost the deal that way, we’ll never know.”

As for `Percy et al', there was a lot more than 2-3m involved according to them.

Spurs have got him for €19m with €6m add ons. 

Â