Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If you go on the Spurs forum, they’re having the exact same debate about Bentancur that we were - basically, is he good enough and will he even improve them. 

He won’t improve them. They have good options for 6s and defensive 8s

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If you go on the Spurs forum, they’re having the exact same debate about Bentancur that we were - basically, is he good enough and will he even improve them. 

Yep. Us football fans are universally a bunch of sad sacks!!

• Like 1

It's clear the Juve connection Spurs have meant they were going to get him ahead of us. Let's hope Dougie signs a new deal now to at least protect our investment in him and we go for Bissouma / Phillips in summer

• Like 1

Shame to lose out to Spurs a club we're trying to leap ahead of in the coming years. They have London, more money to offer in salary and a realistic shot at getting CL football next season. So I understand why he's turned us down to go there.

Whatever way you want to frame it, losing out on this signing to a rival is disappointing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

He is a good player who would have improved us especially sitting in front of the defence. Ahh disappointed. 

I don’t think so. I don’t think he’s any better than Luiz. I think Luiz would really shine in Italy or Spain. The PL is a different beast to these European Leagues, which is why you pay a premium for PL proven players. 

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

You prefer to believe the version of events that denigrates our club? You could at least give us the benefit of the doubt.

How is it denigrating our club? Honestly, we can be objective about the facts without being accused of doing down our own club.

A few weeks after we won the Play Off final Spurs were in the Champions League final. It wasn’t long ago and we haven’t finished above Spurs in the league since then. That’s putting aside their DoF and his relationship with Juve. 

In a straight choice between Spurs and Villa it’s not surprising a young foreign international chooses them. Hopefully that won’t be the case for long, but with Percy et al all over Bentancur as our main target I’m not buying that we suddenly walked away over 2-3M euros.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t think so. I don’t think he’s any better than Luiz. I think Luiz would really shine in Italy or Spain. The PL is a different beast to these European Leagues, which is why you pay a premium for PL proven players. 

Serie A isn’t like the 90’s , teams play with the high press and the games are played at a decent speed. Not premier league speeds but much quicker than the channel 4 days. 

Bentancur has very good tactical awareness I think he will be a success for The Spuds. 

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

They are in with a good shout of finishing in the Champions League places this season. We’re not even in the discussion for 7th and conference league. 

Famous last words perhaps but I would be amazed if Spurs ended up in the top 4 this season.

Particularly as we know from several experts in this thread that Bentancur is rubbish and will drag down their performances 🤪

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

How is it denigrating our club? Honestly, we can be objective about the facts without being accused of doing down our own club.

A few weeks after we won the Play Off final Spurs were in the Champions League final. It wasn’t long ago and we haven’t finished above Spurs in the league since then. That’s putting aside their DoF and his relationship with Juve. 

In a straight choice between Spurs and Villa it’s not surprising a young foreign international chooses them. Hopefully that won’t be the case for long, but with Percy et al all over Bentancur as our main target I’m not buying that we suddenly walked away over 2-3M euros.

Mate, I've noticed some of our own fans, are just like the fans of other clubs they take the piss out of. Ironically.

Tunnel vision and some bordering delusion.

• Like 1

Really not bothered by this at all. Hadn't a clue who he was prior to the links and having read up on him i would prefer someone proven in the Premier League or with a bit better noise surrounding him really. Also he clearly didn't want to come here and wasn't interested in the exciting journey we are on now so his loss. Happy to wait until the summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Are you keeping count of how many times have you said the same thing? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â