Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be shocked if we waited until the summer. I think with Nakamba's injury it would have been #1 on Gerrard's list of things we need.

Collomose seemed really confident we'll be signing someone.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be shocked if we waited until the summer. I think with Nakamba's injury it would have been #1 on Gerrard's list of things we need.

Exactly. Coutinho’s great and everything but we didn’t actually need another No.10, we desperately need a starting DCM. Find it hard to believe we can go through yet another window without fixing it.

Just now, Awol said:

Exactly. Coutinho’s great and everything but we didn’t actually need another No.10, we desperately need a starting DCM. Find it hard to believe we can go through yet another window without fixing it.

i would argue the statement that we didnt need another no.10, especially with the injury problems in those positions, and we would have been mad to turn down the opportunity to sign such a high profile player in Coutinho.

But ye, i will be disappointed if another window goes by without fixing the DM problem, its almost a running joke now, its mind boggling how long this has been going on (although i wont judge Gerrard on that yet, as this is his first window, and we dont know if we can get a quality DM this window)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure why anyone can be angry at the club for not signing a DM. We’re not going down and we’re not getting into Europe. Yes, we need one, but let’s wait until the Summer when there may be one more readily available.

My main issue is Newcastle et el will be in big for players in summer making it harder for us. Conte will spend big too etc..

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure why anyone can be angry at the club for not signing a DM. We’re not going down and we’re not getting into Europe. Yes, we need one, but let’s wait until the Summer when there may be one more readily available.

Where is Delphinho and what have you done with him?

this is far too reasonable of a statement to be the Delphinho we love and know 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886nrmkh5x4zsgibhv687

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I reckon Chambers will be the DM if/when needed.

I've been one of the loudest voices for a DM, but I don't want us spunking money on any DM just for the sake of it.

Club might feel we can work around until summer.

Whichever way we look at it, the squad is still much stronger than it was at the beginning of the month.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Has anyone said they are angry?Surprised, yes, because it’s a longstanding gap in the squad. That’s not a controversial observation.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I reckon Chambers will be the DM if/when needed.

I've been one of the loudest voices for a DM, but I don't want us spunking money on any DM just for the sake of it.

Club might feel we can work around until summer.

Whichever way we look at it, the squad is still much stronger than it was at the beginning of the month.

Yep. I think Bentancur was an opportunistic enquiry. Im not convinced he was our main target nor that he was the answer. 

I still think something might happen if Luiz moves but if not, we’re probably done.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

My main issue is Newcastle et el will be in big for players in summer making it harder for us. Conte will spend big too etc..

Newcastle can and will only sign so many players so I wouldn’t be too worried about them. There are also another 10 or so teams above us in the table who will want new players too. There will always be competition from somewhere whether it’s January or summer so no point in thinking about it in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Â