Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Think SB is trying to manage both of their egos, tbh. Watkins feels betrayed by the arrival of Ings and Ings isn’t fit (and may be doubting the logic of his transfer). From the manager’s perspective, he’s trying to protect our assets 

I think it might be more important to actually find a winning formula than doggedly stick to a self-defeating one. Did we really swap Dean Smith for this??

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

This is why I said good performances when we don't win are worthless. 

When you keep losing every week those performances will slowly turn into bad performances. 

We're in a real rot right now. Similar to where we were when Smith got the sack. 

In our bad run, only Brentford was a team you’d traditionally say we’d expect to beat. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I think that half illustrated the importance of McGinn to this midfield. 

However we are so ponderous and slow bringing the ball forward, but lack the creativity to unlock 11 behind the ball. 

Hopefully we'll get after them this half. 

We are going to h be find a way though because, without wide players, we are always going to be facing that sort of defending

Just now, regular_john said:

**** abject so far. All the pre-match optimism gone after 6 minutes. Big changes needed second half. 

well...

That is classic Villa.

Im not sure why anyone is surprised.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

Granted it was an error, but without Cavani 3 yards in front flicking a foot out, it'd been saved.

Don't think it was as straightforward as most are claiming.

It's true and he has kept us in this with some good saves, DeGea doing the same at the other end.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

When you keep losing every week those performances will slowly turn into bad performances. 

We're in a real rot right now. Similar to where we were when Smith got the sack. 

Yes 100%. 12 defeats in 20 is actually embarrassing given the players we have.

I don't want to get on Gerrard's back yet but he's been backed in the market and this will be 5 defeats in 9 in the league and 6 in 10 in all comps. Similar to Smith.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We're in a real rot right now. Similar to where we were when Smith got the sack

Read that back and give ya head a wobble 

I think Luiz is a waste of a place at the moment, he has it all too, it shouldn’t be the case. I really like Ramsey and thought he was OK? For me the obvious shuffle is Ings, Ramsey or Luiz, I think Carney could offer something here too. Defo need to see what Coutinho has to offer at 65 minutes

Edited by thunderball

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I actually agree. Never been a fan of the “play like this every week and we’ll win more than we lose”. 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I think after posting it 5 or 6 times it has probably run its course, but fire ahead, your contributions really add to the the match thread

You seem to have misplaced your sense of humour. Just like Mings misplaced Martinez’s hands.

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yes 100%. 12 defeats in 20 is actually embarrassing given the players we have.

I don't want to get on Gerrard's back yet but he's been backed in the market and this will be 5 defeats in 9 in the league and 6 in 10 in all comps. Similar to Smith.

I'm not on Gerrard's back yet either but I can safely say I am far away from boarding the Gerrard train. 

This is awful 

• Like 1